Home » Assistant Director / Director – Transaction Services
- May 31, 2019
As a result of continued significant market activity across the UK financial services (FS) sector, and a number of new FS institutions establishing a presence outside of London, we have an exciting opportunity for individuals to join a newly established regional FS Transaction Support team based in Edinburgh which is seeking further growth.
As an extension to our market-leading London team, Edinburgh is our first of a series of regional locations which will be focused on establishing and developing relationships with local key accounts, allowing us to better support the transaction needs of those clients.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team in a significant growth stage, combining a focus on delivering FS Transaction Support engagements together with a core role in business development, and establishing relationships with key accounts in the Scottish Financial Services market.
Candidates will also benefit from strong links with our market-leading London-based TS team (comprising approximately 50 professionals), enabling individuals to work and learn alongside some of the leading practitioners in the domain, and benefit from being part of a practice that places high emphasis on learning & development.
Our TS projects are typically complex, integrated assignments that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers. Our clients include leading global companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Wealth & Asset Management industries as well as private equity, with a growing focus on transactions in the FinTech space.
The wider UK FSO TAS practice currently comprises over 200 people, and as a result of significant market activity in the Financial Services sector (partly driven by the impacts of the ongoing global landscape for our clients) the team continues to grow across all of our services and now is a great time to be a part of what we are looking to achieve in core Financial Services markets outside of London.
UK FSO TAS is part of our wider Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) practice, in total comprising of over 450 people across the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.
Our FS Transaction Support team aims to assist clients throughout the entire transaction process, and works closely with other specialists both within TAS and other Service Lines. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
Typically, you’ll lead teams to analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and leading interviews with management. You’ll work effectively as a team leader by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing your technical and other knowledge within the cross-service line team, managing and reviewing the team’s output, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
You’ll also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, developing and maintaining client relationships, account management, learning and development, coaching and recruitment.
- Understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Project manage teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support, the rest of transaction advisory services and other departments in EY both in the UK and internationally to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Gather, verify and analyse information, and formulate views
- Lead a project team to plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel databooks, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Plan and monitor the progress of the team
- Understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients
- Build on and develop internal and external networks through personal contacts
- Play a role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, client service framework)
- Be a true business advisor to the client and establish yourself as a key client contact
- Take responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback
- Share your technical and other knowledge with your team and with the department
More Information / How To Apply
Further information is available by requesting the full candidate brochure or arranging an initial confidential conversation with Michael Dickson at FWB Park Brown.
To apply please send your CV and current remuneration details to Michael Dickson at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com, or call Michael to confidentially discuss further on 0131 539 7087.