Home » Chief Executive
- September 21, 2018
**No Longer Accepting Applications**
Dance Base began its mission to encourage and celebrate the potential for dance in everyone in 1994 and since then has consistently striven to get more people dancing. In 2001, the organisation moved into its current, inspiring venue in the Grassmarket, designed by Malcolm Fraser Architects. Dance Base is a unique resource for dance in Scotland, with four studio spaces, each designed to have its own individual character.
As Chief Executive you will be responsible for the overall leadership and for guiding the strategic direction of Dance Base along with the development, implementation and management of Dance Base’s strategic, financial, commercial, and operational activities.
- Clear leadership of Dance Base and ambassador for the organisation: outward facing, dynamic, diplomatic, promoting diversity, fostering a welcoming environment for everyone from babies and pre-schoolers to people over 60 – dance is for everyone
- To deliver an annual programme of operational and artistic excellence which clearly reflects Dance Base’s strategic mission, aims, policies, and objectives
- To take overall responsibility for and oversee the operational management of the Dance Base premises
- To oversee the strategic development of the Dance Base Marketing and Communications plan, and all press and PR activities
- To oversee the strategic development of the Dance Base Development and Fundraising plan and work directly to expand and direct the organisation’s fundraising efforts
- To ensure that appropriate targets are set from all income sources, earned and awarded, and to be responsible for developing, implementing and managing policies for achieving these targets through box office, public funding, fundraising, and commercial activity
You will be an ambassador for dance across Scotland.
For further information please download the full role specification.
FWB Park Brown
Send by e-mail marked with the code ‘DB-CE’ to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 6pm on Wednesday 31 October 2018. Interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday 12 November 2018.