Home » Chief Executive
- September 18, 2019
**NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS**
Dance Base began its mission to encourage and celebrate the potential for dance in everyone in 1994 and since then has consistently striven to get more people dancing. In 2001, the organisation moved into its current, inspiring venue in the Grassmarket, designed by Malcolm Fraser Architects. Dance Base is a unique resource for dance in Scotland, with four studio spaces, each designed to have its own individual character.
As Chief Executive you will be responsible for the overall leadership and for guiding the strategic direction of Dance Base along with the development, implementation and management of Dance Base’s strategic, financial, commercial, and operational activities. You will also be responsible to the Board of Directors of Dance Base Ltd
Chief Executive Principal Responsibilities:
- Clear leadership of Dance Base and ambassador for the organisation: outward facing, dynamic, diplomatic, promoting diversity, fostering a welcoming environment for everyone from babies and pre-schoolers to people over 60 – dance is for everyone
- To take responsibility for the overall leadership and management of Dance Base, and to maintain effective and professional relationships with the Dance Base staff
- To deliver an annual programme of operational and artistic excellence which clearly reflects Dance Base’s strategic mission, aims, policies, and objectives
- To oversee the Programming Team and the Participation Team’s curation and delivery of the Professional and Community Programmes, along with the work of Catalyst
- To take overall responsibility for and oversee the operational management of the Dance Base premises
- To oversee the strategic development of the Dance Base Marketing and Communications plan, and all press and PR activities
- To oversee the strategic development of the Dance Base Development and Fundraising plan and work directly to expand and direct the organisation’s fundraising efforts
- To oversee the development and management of personnel and Human Resources at Dance Base
- To ensure sound financial management of Dance Base – involving the preparation and monitoring of all budgets relating to the professional and community programmes, special projects, operational, marketing and capital income and expenditure of Dance Base
- To be financially literate, manage and ensure reserves
- To ensure that appropriate targets are set from all income sources, earned and awarded, and to be responsible for developing, implementing and managing policies for achieving these targets through box office, public funding, fundraising, and commercial activity
- To utilise Board connections for enhancing reputation and potential fundraising
- To report, along with members of the Management Team, on the financial, strategic, artistic, and operational development of Dance Base to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis, and as required by the Chair of the Board on an ongoing basis
- To develop and maintain effective and professional relationships with the Chair of the Board and with the Board of Directors, and to manage the future development of the Board in conjunction with the Chair of the Board
- To represent Dance Base at national and international platforms, steering group meetings, and seminars
- To work in partnership with existing funding bodies and external stakeholders – local, national, and international – and to develop similar new relationships when required for specific projects
- To undertake any other duties as may be required of the Chief Executive by the Board of Directors
- To represent Dance Base and to make connections both Nationally and Internationally at Conferences, symposiums, Network Meetings and Festivals
For further information please download the full role specification.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a supporting statement of no more than 2 full A4 pages to Alix Meekison of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20th January 2020.