Home » Chief Executive Officer
- June 30, 2020
CuanTec is an early stage biotechnology company working in the circular economy to make plastic pollution history. The company takes food waste streams and develops anti-microbial, compostable bio-plastics suitable for direct replacement of single use petroleum plastic.
CuanTec aims to be the first company to achieve biological extraction of the biopolymers chitin and chitosan from waste streams of the fish processing industry at a commercial scale. Most significantly, CuanTec has been able to produce chitosan which can be added as a layer to a carrier film and demonstrates that a compostable, actively anti-microbial plastic-alternative food packaging can be created reliably and at scale from the waste shell of langoustine.
The company has 15 staff including an experienced part-time COO, an Executive Chair and a Board of Directors, many of whom have been with the company since its incorporation and also provide consultancy support to the business.
Second round funding was completed in February 2020 on successful achievement of investor milestones and the company is now looking to recruit an exceptional Chief Executive to lead the next fund raising and drive business growth.
The Chief Executive will:
- Lead the Company through its next investment round
- Plan and direct activities to establish CuanTec as a global entity, focused on sustainable industrial needs that deliver commercial and environmental impact
- Be the external face of CuanTec and promote the values and ethos of the company and the circular economy by presenting at conferences, influencing policy makers and engaging with potential customers and the media
- Provide credible and creative leadership to the existing team to ensure long-term success
- Deliver product sustainability and enhance organisational capability to ensure both revenue and product development programmes meet the needs of customers, the wider economy and drive shareholder value.
You will ideally have experience of bringing product to market – through a regulatory environment as well as experience of growing company through an expansion and introduction of revenue, including raising equity finance.
We are looking for a Chief Executive with energy and dynamism as well as a passion for bioeconomy who can lead a talented and engaged team to deliver a disruptive product with huge potential to the global marketplace.
A full candidate brochure is available to download here: Cuantec – CEO – Candidate Brochure
To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland or Scott Black at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 539 7087 to discuss further.