Home » Commercial Director Industrial Products – Europe
- December 15, 2018
The L. S. Starrett Company manufacture precision tools, gauges, measuring instruments and saw blades for industrial, professional and consumer markets globally. The business was originally founded in Athol, Massachusetts in 1880, where it is still headquartered, with production facilities in North and South America, the UK and China.
The UK production facility opened in Jedburgh, Scotland, in 1958 and this year celebrated 6 decades of UK manufacturing. The Jedburgh site employs 150 people and manufactures bandsaw blades, power tool accessories, holesaws and optical projectors.
Starrett seek to appoint an experienced Commercial Director of Industrial Products for Europe who will be responsible for the direction, leadership and coordination of the Company’s sales and marketing functions in Europe. The South East Asia function will also report into this role.
- Direct and coordinate Company sales and marketing functions for all precision tools, saw and hand tool product groups in Europe
- Devise and implement strategies to achieve the Company’s sales and financial goals
- Develop and recommend compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of sales methods, costs, and results by sales region or territory
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Direct involvement with major customers, trading partners and marketing groups
- Collaboration in the development of new product proposals and product rationalisation
We are looking to appoint a proven Commercial Director with demonstrable success in delivering robust sales growth in a multi-channel environment. Successful applicants will most likely come from a manufacturing or engineered product background; however, applicants from other relevant sectors will also be considered.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a well-established manufacturing business with a significant history of producing and supplying products globally. This position will be based in Jedburgh; applicants should be based within a commutable distance of the town or be willing to relocate for this role.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter, including your remuneration details, to Leah Ronaldson of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com
- Jedburgh; Scottish Borders