Home » Head of Company Secretariat & Governance – Financial Services
- August 28, 2018
Head of Company Secretariat & Governance
FWB Park Brown are delighted to be working with a leading global Financial Services Institution to appoint their next divisional Head of Company Secretariat & Governance.
The role can be based in either Edinburgh or London.
The successful candidate will lead and manage a global Company Secretariat team, ensuring a comprehensive company secretariat and governance service is provided to the boards and board or management committees within the UK, Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific.
The divisional Head of Company Secretariat & Governance will collaborate with the plc secretariat team and will report directly to the Group Company Secretary. The post-holder will also work closely and liaise frequently with the Chair of each board, the non-executive and executive directors, CEO/s, and executive/management teams within the Group.
This is a great time to join a highly regarded organisation in a key leadership position as it enters an exciting phase of growth and investment in its future.
Key Outputs (including but not limited to):
- Ensure that a comprehensive company secretariat and corporate governance service is provided to the boards, board committees, Investment Management Committee and other management committees, within their division.
- Primary accountability will be to ensure that the corporate governance and administration of these companies and committees meets all relevant regulatory requirements and internal governance standards.
- Liaise with the executive and non-executive directors of company entities, and senior management to oversee the efficient day to day running of the boards, board committees, IMC and other management committees.
- This includes preparing agendas, drafting board papers, preparing board packs, attending and minuting meetings, resolutions and generally providing best practice governance advice.
- Lead, develop, coach and mentor high performing global secretariat teams and ensure team members are appropriately rewarded.
- Support the Group Company Secretary and executives in defining the on-going structure and processes following potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Assurance that board and committee minute books, records (including Boardbooks (or equivalent)), and the lists and registers for which the secretariat team is responsible are properly maintained and kept up to date.
- Ownership of all internal processes and statutory/filing requirements arising from board decisions such as winding-up companies, completing capital injections/share allotments, appointing and removing directors, filing annual reports and accounts and annual returns are completed.
For further information and confidential conversation please contact:
Michael Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com