Home » Director of Commercial & Trading Services
- July 01, 2020
For 50 years, Cyrenians has been working with people at risk of becoming homeless, supporting them to transform their lives, helping them believe that they can change their lives, and walking with them as they lead their own transformation. The charity offers services and activities to support more than 11,000 people through 44 projects across 7 local authorities and 3 national services.
Over the last 5 years Cyrenians has taken the strategic view of investing in diversifying income sources and increasing net income from trading activity in ways which still speak of their core values and purpose – Compassion, Respect, Integrity and Innovation.
This newly created role is a critical leadership position with key objectives of reviewing all aspects of commercial and trading services and setting the strategic direction including any required structural changes. Specifically this person will:
- Conduct a full review of Commercial and Trading Services and set out recommendations for the strategic direction of this work.
- Strategically build Commercial Services to deliver increased unrestricted reserves through:
- Building successful and sustainable social enterprises
- Ensuring the viability and extension of our services with trading
- Increase our fundraising through all sources
- Identify, develop and deliver new and/or alternative sources of generating unrestricted reserves
- Build greater awareness of the organisation and what they deliver in both corporate, private and public sectors.
- Continue to build awareness and understanding across the organisation of the work and benefits of all areas within commercial services, ensuring they remain integrated with the organisation and its values as a whole.
- Provide leadership to a team of c.25 and report to the CEO.
We are looking for a strategic leader to shape and develop this role and who has excellent stakeholder management skills and strong commercial and financial acumen. A broad business background is desirable, as is empathy and alignment with the Cyrenians cause and strategy.
To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland, Director, FWB Park Brown at email@example.com or call her on 0131 539 7087 for an initial discussion.
For more information on the role please download the candidate brochure here.
The closing date for applications is Friday 31st July 2020.