Home » European Finance Director
- February 11, 2019
For four generations, and over 150 years, the Baxter family have been handing down their expertise to produce some of the UK’s finest soups, preserves, condiments, beetroot and chutney. Founded upon the principle of ‘be different, be better’, the Baxter family business has grown to become one of Scotland’s most iconic brands. Now a global success story, the group has significant operations across the US, Australia and Europe.
Strategic changes to the European Leadership Team have created the opportunity to appoint a technically and commercially excellent European Finance Director who will report to the European CEO, with an indirect line to the Group CFO.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the CEO in all commercial decision making, future growth and strategic initiatives
- Communicate relevant and insightful financial/management information and analysis in a timely manner, to guide financial control, profitability and business performance
- Provide strong leadership, support, direction and motivation to the European Finance team and promote a culture of initiative and proactivity
- Collaborate with the Group CFO to drive group standards and best practice
- Lead responsibility for financial integrity and statutory compliance for the Group’s European entities
We are looking to appoint a commercial and highly credible Finance Director with excellent leadership, communication skills and high levels of emotional intelligence. The Finance Director will be a qualified accountant with a strong commercial background in manufacturing and be expected to add value in all areas of the business. Some food manufacturing and experience of working for a family business is preferred but is not a pre-requisite.
The European Division is a multi-site business with a presence in Fochabers, Edinburgh, Burntwood, Colchester and Poland. This position can be based anywhere in the UK, with the expectation for frequent travel across all sites. The European Leadership Team are primarily based at Head Office in Edinburgh.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.