Home » Finance Director
- December 02, 2019
“An environment to inspire, ideas that change the world.
Every day incredible events take place in our venue. People come together from across the world to make new connections, to be inspired and to exchange ideas. We are passionate about staging enriching events which have the potential to spark new ideas amongst the attending delegates.
The EICC is located right in the heart of one of the world’s most beautiful, historic and stirring cities, which provides a dramatic backdrop for our clients’ events. Destination Edinburgh, together with the EICC’s advanced facilities, and our driven team, has proved to be a winning combination.
We believe it is this winning combination which enables us to deliver hundreds of impactful events every year for a diverse client base which includes Microsoft, Virgin and most recently the globally-renowned TEDSummit.”
EICC Ltd was formed in the early nineties as a joint venture between Edinburgh District Council and Lothian & Edinburgh Enterprise, it was to be part of the Edinburgh Exchange Masterplan – the biggest urban regeneration scheme outside London at the time. When built in 1995, it became the first conference venue in the world to utilise revolving auditoria to optimise events space – The Lennox Suite has the world’s first hall-wide tension wire grid and moving floor combination designed to deliver an array of different event set ups.
It has since welcomed over 1.4 million delegates from more than 120 countries generating around £660m of economic impact for the city region.
With ambitions to diversify and expand the capability of the Centre in the future, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a real growth journey which will have a significant impact on Scotland, its society and the wider economy.
Assuming overall responsibility for the leadership and development of the Finance function, the Finance Director will be accountable for, and not limited to;
- The motivation and supervision of members of the Finance Team in the facilitation of their day to day operations
- The development and maintenance of all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure the effective and efficient financial management of the Company
- The maintenance of proper records which measure the financial inputs and outputs of the Company’s operations to enable accounts to be produced that give a true and fair view of the state of the Company’s affairs
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive, determine the Company’s short-term strategy and business objectives
- The preparation of budgets, business plans and five-year plans on an annual basis, in conjunction with the Chief Executive
- The production of regular forecast updates and control the Company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets will be met and if this is unlikely to be the case apply the appropriate remedial action, in conjunction with the Chief Executive
- Oversight of the preparation of the Company’s management and statutory accounts
- Liaison and engagement with the Company’s auditors and tax advisers to ensure that the annual audit and tax computation are produced in an efficient and effective manner
- Working closely with the Chief Executive and the Leadership Team as part of a mutually supportive senior management team in order to manage the day to day operation of the Company
- The preparation, review and update of ancillary records and reports, such as the Company’s risk register and capital expenditure programme
- Company secretarial duties including the administration of all financial and corporate governance nature from City of Edinburgh Council, the production of agendas and parameters for Board meetings and papers in conjunction with the Chief Executive, the management of EICC licensing, guidance and authority over all third party contracts, oversight of the Company’s banking, treasury, payroll, pensions and insurance requirements, the management of the Company’s registers office and supporting with all other company compliance and legal regulations.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Finance Director and qualified accountant with outstanding financial acumen and a demonstrable track record of contributing strongly to the growth of a business. With a good personal presence and appropriate leadership style, the successful candidate will be technically excellent, commercially aware and with the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels.
Relevant sector experience in hospitality or a similar environment would be advantageous, with a good understanding of both the internal and external drivers which may affect the business and its customers.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact Jamie Brown on 0131 539 7087 or email@example.com.