Home » Finance Manager – Reporting
- August 27, 2019
For 150 years, the Dobbies name has stood for quality horticulture. During this time, Dobbies has been proud to provide the very best products and expert advice to gardeners throughout the UK. Dobbies offers a wide range of products from plants & gardening, outdoor living, home, pets, kids and have an excellent restaurant offering on site with a number of selected sites also having a soft play area.
Dobbies is backed by Midlothian Capital Partners Limited and Hattington Capital LLP and has its Head Office located in Lasswade, on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Dobbies has 69 stores spread widely across England and Scotland.
Over the last 3 years, Dobbies has been through a period of extensive investment and growth which has seen sales grow beyond £300m.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join the Finance function looking after the technical reporting responsibilities for the business, reporting the Group Financial Controller.
This would be an ideal role for the right candidate looking to take their first role within industry, outside of the profession. It may also suit individuals looking to move sector into a dynamic and growing business.
Primary responsibilities are to support the business in all matters of financial accounting, statutory reporting and covenant / lender compliance reporting. Additional responsibilities will include;
- ensuring a robust financial control environment is maintained within the business
- keeping up to date on technical accounting and taxation matters and managing both external audit and tax advisory relationships
- daily cash flow, forecast and budgeting processes and management of daily banking relationships
- providing analysis and insight to support better decisions across the business
- management of a small team of 3
- involvement in financial systems transformation and implementation programmes
This role will be a key support to the wider business during a time of significant growth.
The successful candidate will possess most of the following;
- CA (equivalent) qualified and experience within a technical accounting management position
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Good Corporation Tax knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Good presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative
- Strong communication and a good team player
- Ability to prioritise workload
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Jamie Brown on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or alternatively, you can contact our Edinburgh office by phone on +0131 539 7087.
To apply, please send your CV to Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com
- Lasswade; near Edinburgh