Home » General Manager
- November 05, 2019
A market leader within the global Poultry industry, Aviagen broiler breeders supply day-old grandparent and parent stock chicks to customers in more than 100 countries worldwide. These breeders are among the most recognised and respected in the industry, with a proven record of success in addition to a large and loyal global customer base.
Owned by the EW Group, Aviagen play a key role in providing grandparent and parent stock that supplies a large proportion of the world’s poultry consumption, employing more than 5,200 employees worldwide, has a distribution network serving customers in over 100 countries and with wholly owned operations in Australia, South America, Europe, India, South Africa and the USA.
Aviagen in the UK comprises two businesses, one which provides the Parent Stock Distribution serving the UK, Greek and Cypriot Markets, and one which provides the Breeding platform for the business including Pedigree Operations and R&D.
We are seeking to appoint a General Manager to manage the Parent Stock Distribution business which will serve UK, Greek and Cypriot Markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced General and Commercial Leader to join a respected and established market leader and drive value through an already well performing business unit.
The individual will assume responsibility for the following;
- Leadership and development of the business of Aviagen UK Limited to meet financial, commercial and production targets of the business within the Aviagen Group.
- As a member of the European management team coordinate Aviagen UK Ltd’s activities with the other Aviagen European business units, particularly production and sales.
- Overall responsibility for the production and distribution of parent stock to said markets and a supply chain of over 30 farms and hatcheries within the UK and France.
- Management of over 300 FTE and the provision of shared services for both the Distribution business and Breeding business in the UK.
- Management of existing account and customer relationships.
- Providing guidance and support to the Aviagen UK Limited leadership team across Supply Chain, Commercial, Operations, Technical and Sales.
- Engagement with external stakeholders including trade bodies, government and policy makers to help influence and shape policy within the UK Poultry industry.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring business leader with experience in the Poultry industry, although consideration will be given to individuals from relevant or relatable industries within farming or agriculture.
The candidate will bring experience of managing high profile customer relationships and a track record of client development and the ability to engage with stakeholders at Board level.
They will have the ability to deal with complex challenges and issues and associated problem solving skills, to enable analysis of issues and identification of possible solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Strong management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The drive to identify and act on opportunities and respond to business needs
- Proactive personality exhibiting leadership and team building qualities
- Ability to form good relationships with employees at all levels of the organisation
- Formal qualifications in agriculture / poultry husbandry would be useful
- Degree level qualification or experience to demonstrate depth of analytical skill
To apply, please send your CV to Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com