Home » Head of Internal Audit
- April 09, 2019
We are looking for an experienced Head of Internal Audit (HIA) to oversee the Weir Group’s Internal Audit function, comprising a team of four full time internal auditors and support from third party specialists as required.
The role of the HIA is to provide assurance to the Audit Committee, Board and Group Executive around the effective operation of the Group’s core processes and internal controls. The function provides assurance around core finance processes as well as information technology and wider specific business processes and risks.
Although the Head Office is based in Glasgow, there will be up to 50% international travel in addition to Head Office responsibilities and therefore a candidate’s home location is flexible for the successful individual.
The ideal candidate will have experience operating in a global audit function, as well as awareness of best practice approaches to risk management and internal controls.
Apart from their education and experience, they will demonstrate strong ethical standards, as well as high levels of integrity to adhere to regulations and compliance.
This role has in the past been a pathway to senior operational finance roles within the Group. We would therefore encourage applications from highly motivated senior commercial finance professionals with a longer-term succession plan in mind.
- Define, develop and manage Internal Audit standards and procedures
- Recommend to the Audit Committee the strategic direction of the Internal Audit function, developing and driving the Internal Audit agenda within the wider business
- Establish and manage the planning of the Annual Audit Plan, ensuring it is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organisation
- Manage and undertake internal audit assignments based on the annual Audit Plan, reviewing business processes within the area under review and recommend efficiency improvements
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention
- Communication of audit findings and recommendations with relevant business personnel, both written and verbal
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management
- Ensure effective team management, mentoring, development and support
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing activities, inform the committee of emerging risks and exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and internal control best practices
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues
About Weir Group PLC
The Weir Group PLC is a global business headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland, with a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of specialist equipment. We provide highly engineered mission-critical solutions for mining, energy and infrastructure customers around the world.
Our engineers work closely with customers to understand their operational challenges and help improve productivity and lower total operating costs. As a trusted market leader we know the importance of customer support in the need-it-now industries we serve. That’s why we have an unrivalled global network of over 100 service centres, ensuring our customers get the solutions they need where and when they need them.
It is this customer-focused approach that has led Weir to become one of the world’s leading engineering businesses with approximately 18,000 people operating in over 70 countries.
Weir Group PLC has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1947 and currently has a market capitalisation of circa £4.5 billion. The Group reported revenues of £2.5bn for the year ending 31 December 2018, with an operating profit of £348m. The Group is composed of three divisions that each serve aftermarket-intensive markets with positive long-term prospects. Minerals and ESCO are primarily focused on mining and infrastructure markets, while Oil & Gas serves upstream applications.
Weir Minerals Division is a global leader in the provision of mill circuit technology and services as well as the market leader in slurry handling equipment and associated aftermarket support for abrasive high wear applications. Its differentiated technology is used in mining, infrastructure, oil and gas and general industrial markets around the world. The Division is fully present in the most important mining markets, including South America, Australia, Africa, India and North America.
Weir Oil & Gas Division provides highly engineered and mission-critical solutions to upstream markets. Products include pressure pumping and pressure control equipment and aftermarket spares and services. Internationally we provide equipment repairs, upgrades, certification and asset management, and field services. The Division’s principal operations are located in North America, Europe and the Middle East.
Esco Division (acquired July 2018) is the global leader in Ground Engaging Tools (GET) used in highly abrasive surface mining and infrastructure applications. With global headquarters in Portland, Oregon it has operations in all the major mining markets around the world.
How to Apply
To apply or request a full candidate brochure please enquire / send your CV to email@example.com
Alternatively, for further information or a confidential conversation in regards to this opportunity or similar please contact:
Michael Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact us by phone on 0131 539 7087
- Glasgow / Flexible