Home » Head of Legal and Risk
- June 03, 2019
As Head of Legal & Risk for Insights Learning & Development Limited, you will lead a global Legal and Risk function. You will be responsible for leading and shaping a world class legal team and will have a solid understanding of risk and possess a strong ability to approach all situations that this senior role will encounter through an established commercial lens.
You will be responsible for the efficient running of the legal function and will be tasked with the design and development of a proactive and commercial risk function. The risk team will also be accountable for the design and delivery of an enterprise risk, governance and compliance framework and any resulting governance committees as required.
This will be a broad and varied commercial Head of Legal position, with responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the overall Legal and Risk Strategy and resulting business enabling service delivery across the group
- Work with a broad range of stakeholders to provide subject matter expertise
- Oversee the development of a strong corporate governance culture throughout the organisation consistent with external and internal requirements including Insights organisational values
- Strategic planning for upcoming legislative and regulatory changes, which may affect the business, proactively devising, communicating and implementing mitigation plans as appropriate
- Lead the team in the preparation of, drafting, review, negotiations and completion of legal documents including bespoke commercial contracts, contract templates and supporting the development of standard operating procedures
- Oversee the management of contentious matters, commercial disputes & litigation and developing risk mitigation strategies in a timely and appropriate manner
- Manage and develop the members of the Legal team, including talent and performance management, personal development of team members and prioritisation of workload
- Ensure the team meets expected service levels and self-prepare proposals for submission to a higher authority. Enhance Risk tools as appropriate.
- Ensure the team provides an efficient response for risk recommendation on proposals, schemes and introductory sources agreement, in line with risk policies, procedures and business strategy within a delegated authority
This role is based in Dundee with the flexibility to work from home as required and appropriate.
Insights are a people development company, built to create a world where people truly understand themselves and others, and are inspired to make a positive difference in everything they do.
Based at Dundee city’s technology park accounts filed at Companies House in 2018 show the Insights Group Limited recorded sales of £53.5 million for the year ending March 31, up 27% from £42.2m in 2017. Pre-tax profits also rose from £7.3m to £10m.
Historically the company had formed partnerships and co-ownership arrangements with international management teams, particularly in Europe and Canada. In a significant change in strategy, Insights has acquired 100% of the shareholding in all of its international offshoots to achieve future growth ambitions, take back control of the brand and quality of service to meet customer needs more consistently.
Recent expansion also includes an Insights business being established in South Africa in a joint venture with Connemara Consulting. This will enable further expansion in the African continent and follows their expansion into Asia. Based in Singapore, this operation has grown from strength to strength over the last 30 months, with profitable year-on-year growth in excess of 65%. This growing demand across the region has resulted in establishing new entities in India and Australia also and is further evidence that both the demand and overall business footprint of Insights is now truly global. This exciting growth means that their footprint is getting larger, and that means they need talented, ambitious people who are willing to go on a journey of exponential growth with them.
In return they offer a company culture that’s smart, fun, and wants to see you succeed, both in work and life.
As Insights continues to grow globally as well as improving and developing its product and services range it is becoming an increasingly more exciting and complex business.
More complex culturally; new exciting applications of technology; challenges and opportunities in the use, monetisation and understanding of data; more competition in the marketplace; new legislative challenges; faster paced than ever before…
These are all examples of the opportunities and challenges that are effecting change within Insights and why the business has been investing heavily in the creation of strong leadership teams and securing the best talent throughout the business.
As part of this on-going investment and development in their people, Insights now have the requirement to recruit for a newly redefined role of Head of Legal and Risk and we look forward to speaking about just how exciting an opportunity this is.
More Information / How To Apply
Further information is available by requesting the full candidate brochure or arranging an initial confidential conversation with Michael Dickson at FWB Park Brown.
To apply please send your CV and current remuneration details to Michael Dickson at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com, or call Michael to confidentially discuss further on 0131 539 7087.