Home » Head of Strategic Planning & Projects
- November 08, 2019
One of Scotland’s leading organisations, The Weir Group PLC, is looking to hire a new Head of Strategic Planning and Projects into the Chief Executive’s Office.
The Head of Strategic Planning and Projects will work with both internal and external stakeholders to contribute to the development of Weir Group’s strategy and delivery of strategic priorities.
The role reports to the Group Head of Strategy and Sustainability and interfaces directly with the CEO and wider Group Executive and Senior Leadership Team across all Divisions and Functions.
Candidates should be highly resourceful with high EQ, strong personal ownership and succinct verbal and written communication skills. This is a highly facilitative role that requires the highest level of influencing and partnering skills along with a combination of focus, flexibility and responsiveness.
The role will require excellent commercial and financial skills, although does not require a formal accounting qualification. Candidates will require the mental agility and focus to be able to manage and influence across a wide range of projects at any one time.
The core components of the role include, but are not limited to, 3 main areas:
- Lead the overall annual Strategic Plan process, including the creation of the annual reporting / review timetable embedding best practice improvements.
- Co-ordinate delivery against all the Strategic Plan milestones – support the progress of all Divisional / Functional workstreams and the delivery of final content for the annual Group Executive Strategy workshop and Board Strategy review agendas. Identify opportunities to improve advice, analysis, and research capability to support Divisions / Functions.
- Own the development and delivery of specific Group-wide strategy workstream(s) for the Strategic Plan process and Board agenda as required.
Strategy and Sustainability Strategic Priorities Delivery
- Provide specialist expertise to cross functional teams and/or lead a team to develop and deliver strategic priority projects as appropriate.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to develop Group-wide impact solutions.
- Prepare the monthly CEO report to the Board of Directors – constructing a cohesive and comprehensive Board level summary by constantly keeping fully abreast of a wide range of internal and external stakeholder sources, analysis and viewpoints.
- Lead the development of shared Group-wide strategic objectives to deliver the annual Group Executive Balanced Scorecard – both 1yr targets and 3-5yr longer term strategic KPIs.
- Monitor progress against the Group Executive Balanced Scorecard objectives to ensure delivery and report monthly to the Group Executive and Board. Identify key risks and obstacles to achievement of targets. Prepare full year results and evidence for RemCo use.
The Weir Group PLC is a global business headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland, with a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of specialist equipment. The company provides highly engineered mission-critical solutions for mining, energy and infrastructure customers around the world.
Its engineers work closely with customers to understand their operational challenges and help improve productivity and lower total operating costs. As a trusted market leader Weir knows the importance of customer support in the need-it-now industries it serves. With an unrivalled global network of over 100 service centres, Weir ensures customers get the solutions they need where and when they need them. It is this customer-focused approach that has led Weir to become one of the world’s leading engineering businesses, with approximately 18,000 people operating in over 70 countries.
Weir Group PLC has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1947 and currently has a market capitalisation of circa £4.5 billion. The Group reported revenues of £2.5bn for the year ending 31 December 2018, with an operating profit of £348m. The Group is composed of three divisions that each serve aftermarket-intensive markets with positive long-term prospects.
For further information or a confidential conversation please contact:
Michael Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on 0131 539 7087.
To apply or request a full candidate brochure please enquire / send your CV to email@example.com.