Home » Health & Safety Manager
- October 01, 2019
Mowi ASA is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon with 14,500 employees, operating in 25 countries and a Group turnover of €3.8 billion. Since the Mowi adventure started in 1964 the company has grown and changed in many ways. From its humble beginnings, when a few pioneers started farming fish in their back yards, through to the present day, Mowi has become a global leader in its field. As the company has grown, both organically and as a result of mergers and acquisitions, Mowi has maintained its leading position at the forefront of the aquaculture industry.
Mowi salmon is reared in hatcheries and freshwater loch farms before they are moved to their 49 sea farms on the west coast. Once grown to market size they are transported by sea to their Harvest Station in the port of Mallaig and onward to their processing plant in Fort William for processing, packing and distribution to customers all over the world.
We are seeking to appoint a Health & Safety Manager to Mowi’s Scottish Farming business unit, based in Fort William.
Supporting one of the most critical business units within Mowi Scotland, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety professional to join a truly global business and lead the development of Safety standards and attitudes across the organisation.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director (Scotland Farming), the individual will form part of the business leadership team and will have the opportunity to champion Safety across the business, driving the agenda from one of compliance and monitoring to one of proactivity and engagement.
Leading from the front, and utilising your influencing skills, the Health & Safety Manager will create a long term Health and Safety vision and blueprint, working with stakeholders at all levels to implement and monitor this over the medium to long term, whilst adhering to the Environmental and Social requirements that come with operating in a ‘license to operate’ sector.
The complex farming operation will require the individual to ensure that these working practices and safety standards are adhered to across a range of sites including processing factories, freshwater and seawater fish farms, Mowi owned boats and associated sea vessels and offices and commercial property.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
We are looking for a passionate and forward-thinking leader to join the business with the ability to win the hearts and minds of people, influencing and inspiring those around them, bringing a mix of rigour and attention to detail and the interpersonal skills to drive cultural change.
- Significant experience within an HSE leadership position where you have created, implemented and driven a cultural and operational change in attitudes and working practices with regards to Safety
- The gravitas and presence to influence stakeholders at various levels of the organisation including Board level
- Evidence of managing and influencing ‘soft issues’ (values, beliefs, attitudes) in a multi-site environment
- Chartered IOSH member and NEBOSH qualified (minimum of Diploma Level or working towards)
- Comprehensive understanding of current legislation relevant to the industry / environment
- Experience of managing safety with regards to COMAH sites
- Excellent leadership and Influencing skills with an ability to facilitate and coach
- Good data analysis skills and the ability to produce detailed reports, along with strong practical presentation and communication capability
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change
- Strong project management skills gained in a dynamic business
- A record of multi-tasking, identifying priorities and ‘trouble shooting’ as required
- An understanding of large organisations and how to ensure effective policy implementation
To apply, please send your CV to Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fort William