Home » HR Director
- November 23, 2018
Rugby in Scotland is enjoying a resurgence at international and professional level. The national team, age grades, sevens, women’s teams and pro clubs are all experiencing success and competitiveness on the global stage. Their support has never been stronger and we have welcomed more than half a million fans to our international and professional fixtures this season and have now enjoyed ten consecutive sell-outs for Scotland matches at BT Murrayfield. At the heart of this is Scottish Rugby’s greatest asset – our people. Our HR operation is aligned to support our organisation and ensure it can successfully perform within a continuously changing environment through highly competent, motivated people and strong leadership. With a team of over 380 working in various locations across the country, HR plays a very influential role in supporting Scottish Rugby’s operations and ultimately the continuing successful development of the game in Scotland.
The key aspects of the role will be in:
- Advising the Chief Executive, Executive Directors and the Board, as required, on all HR issues and initiatives
- Leading and developing the HR team to ensure strong governance, good practice and compliance with HR related matters across the organisation
- Driving the Group HR strategy by developing a pragmatic plan that supports effectiveness through excellent organisational design and development, and the maintenance and enhancement of good employee relations
- Demonstrating the HR team’s commercial value to their internal customers and the organisation as a whole
The successful candidate will therefore be:
- An experienced HR practitioner who is a key influencer on business leadership teams
- Strong in all HR disciplines, in particular talent development, organisational design and employee engagement
- Charismatic with leadership presence, but with a down to earth approach which inspires confidence and respect
- Excellent on strategic vision, the ability to communicate it and who has the determination to make it happen
- Emotionally intelligent with strong analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems with a variety of people
This is a very exciting opportunity to play a visible role at the heart of a dynamic and high profile organisation. For further information and detailed conversation please contact Alix Meekison at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0131 539 7087.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com.