Home » Learning & Development Business Partner
- November 05, 2019
The Weir Group PLC is a global business headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland, with a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of specialist equipment. The company provides highly engineered mission-critical solutions for mining, energy and infrastructure customers around the world.
Its engineers work closely with customers to understand their operational challenges and help improve productivity and lower total operating costs. As a trusted market leader Weir knows the importance of customer support in the need-it-now industries it serves. With an unrivalled global network of over 100 service centres, Weir ensures customers get the solutions they need where and when they need them. It is this customer-focused approach that has led Weir to become one of the world’s leading engineering businesses, with approximately 18,000 people operating in over 70 countries.
Weir Group PLC has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1947 and currently has a market capitalisation of circa £4.5 billion. The Group reported revenues of £2.5bn for the year ending 31 December 2018, with an operating profit of £348m. The Group is composed of three divisions that each serve aftermarket-intensive markets with positive long-term prospects.
Purpose of Role
The L&D Business Partner is responsible for developing solutions for global training, to build the skills, capabilities and competencies needed to ensure a high performing and capable workforce.
The Learning & Development Business Partner develops and delivers effective learning policies, procedures, solutions, tools and governance that enables the delivery of the company’s learning and development strategy.
The L&D Business Partner offers consulting expertise to the business and is a key member of the L&D Community of Practice.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of the learning and development plan to ensure high performance and a capable workforce
- Implement learning policies and governance, capability frameworks and solutions, evaluation, data and analytics to ensure effective delivery of the learning plan
- Support specific learning or capability projects to address organisation needs, aligned with the wider business Examples of such projects include: supporting the Engineering Excellence Committee with the implementation of an engineering dual career path, or developing one of the core capabilities as identified as part of the company’s organisational capability strategy (e.g. digital)
- Develop and manage the learning technology and learning content roadmap to ensure that learning is timely, relevant, specific and impactful and provides a consumer-grade learning and employee experience
- Play a lead role in the implementation and evolution of Workday Learning as part of the company’s learning & development ecosystem
- Build and maintain effective relationships across the businesses to identify capability gaps and changing strategic capability requirements. A key member of the Learning & Development community of practice and working collaboratively with the Talent & OD Consultant as required
- Develop key relationships with external content providers and leverage those relationships to provide insights on best Stay abreast of external trends, best practices and technologies promoting the use of new methodologies aligned with the wider business strategy
Education and/or Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of work experience in Learning & Development or a closely related discipline
- An experienced Learning and Development specialist who can demonstrate full technical competence in the learning development cycle from needs analysis through to evaluation
- They will ideally have experience in instructional design and development of digital learning solutions and campaigns
- Learning technology: experience of the implementation and application of a wide-range of learning technologies/solutions as part of the learning ecosystem, with knowledge of Workday learning being advantageous
- An ability to demonstrate data and analytics is applied to the field of learning and development to drive improvement and demonstrate impact of learning solutions
- Experienced in working effectively in complex global organisations and managing a wide-ranging stakeholder group
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.