Home » Management Accountant
- September 26, 2019
We are working with Dickson Minto, a leading Edinburgh corporate law firm, to help with the appointment of an outstanding Management Accountant to cover maternity leave. This person will support the Partnership Secretary (Head of Finance) in a wide range of important financial and operational areas.
With a minimum of four years post-qualification experience, the successful candidate will be extremely strong technically and may indeed come from a Professional Services background. A good understanding of Partnership accounting will be a distinct advantage. Above all, however, candidates must possess the personality, conduct and professionalism to fit well with the business. High levels of accuracy, attention to detail, integrity, judgement and discretion are some of the key characteristics we seek.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Maintenance of Partnership accounts
- Preparation and review of financial controls
- Preparation of annual budgets and year end accounts
- Preparation and review of taxation returns including VAT, PAYE and partnership tax return
- Ad hoc research into technical accounting and tax matters
- Review of cash flows and treasury management
- Review of financial accounting systems
- Assist with other operational matters including property costs and insurance
- Build trusted relationships with internal stakeholders and external service providers
We will be looking for candidates who have the maturity and capability to support and challenge internally and are willing to go the extra mile on behalf of Clients, Partners and other stakeholders.
If you feel that this opportunity could be a good fit with your skills/experience, then we would like to hear from you. Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential conversation, please call Graham on 0131 539 7087.