Home » Procurement Manager
- October 01, 2019
Mowi ASA is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, and the world’s largest producer of Atlantic salmon with 14,500 employees, operating in 25 countries and a Group turnover of €3.8 billion. Since the Mowi adventure started in 1964 the company has grown and changed in many ways. From its humble beginnings, when a few pioneers started farming fish in their back yards, through to the present day, Mowi has become a global leader in its field. As the company has grown, both organically and as a result of mergers and acquisitions, Mowi has maintained its leading position at the forefront of the aquaculture industry.
Mowi salmon is reared in hatcheries and freshwater loch farms before they are moved to their 49 sea farms on the west coast. Once grown to market size they are transported by sea to their Harvest Station in the port of Mallaig and onward to their processing plant in Fort William for processing, packing and distribution to customers all over the world.
We are seeking to appoint a Procurement Manager to Mowi’s Scottish Farming business unit, based in Fort William.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly global business and play a key role is the development and improvement of one of its critical business units within Scotland. The Procurement Manager for Farming (Mowi Scotland) will create, implement and maintain a procurement strategy that will both support regional and corporate objectives, as well as drive value across the organisation and positively affect the bottom line.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for developing a category management structure fit for purpose to ensure that Mowi Farming has a supply chain that allows them to be agile and responsive to an ever-evolving landscape.
The complexity of the farming operation will require the Procurement Manager to establish a Supply Chain model that will support a range of sites and spend areas including capital and specialist equipment for approximately 60 freshwater and seawater fish farms, consumables and maintenance for Mowi owned boats and associated sea vessels, offices and commercial property.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
We are looking for an experienced procurement professional who can bring a positive and proactive approach to the business, influencing and challenging those around them as they drive value across the Scottish farming operation.
The successful candidate will bring a strong commercial mindset with the ability to spot opportunity for improvement and critically, the ability to influence and deliver.
The Procurement Manager will possess most of the following;
- Significant experience within a strategic procurement position where you have created, implemented and driven a procurement strategy and process review
- The gravitas and presence to influence stakeholders at various levels of the organisation including Board level
- Evidence of managing and influencing ‘soft issues’ (values, beliefs, attitudes) in a multi-site environment
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Experience of operating in a relevant industry with comparable complexity and variety to the MOWI Farming operating in Scotland
- Experience of implementing contract tender processes
- Demonstrable experience of driving significant cost savings and improvements in supplier quality
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills with an ability to facilitate and coach
- Data analysis skills and the ability to produce detailed reports, along with strong practical presentation and communication capability
- Ability to challenge the views of others in a constructive and convincing manner where it is required to bring about positive change
- Strong project management skills gained in a dynamic business
- A record of multi-tasking, identifying priorities and ‘trouble shooting’ as required
- An understanding of large organisations and how to ensure effective policy implementation
To apply, please send your CV to Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com
- Fort William