Home » Director of Operations & Supply Chain
- November 05, 2019
Based in Rheden, Netherlands
Howden is a global engineering business with over a century of engineering excellence which focuses on providing clients with industrial products that help multiple sectors improve their everyday processes; from mine ventilation and wastewater treatment to heating and cooling.
Headquartered in Scotland, Howden is a business with great history and heritage and is a leading global player for industrial air and gas handling equipment, boasting a turnover of over £1.7 billion and employing around 6000 people in 26 countries.
Bought by Howden in 2011, Howden’s Reciprocating and Centrifugal Compressors business (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. The business has engineering operations across the Netherlands, France and Poland.
We are now looking for a Director of Operations and Supply Chain who will join the HCR leadership team based in the Netherlands. They will be responsible for all activities within engineering operations and supply chain for the three HCR plants in Europe.
This individual will have the opportunity to play a key strategic role which will impact the business and wider Group. They will have a lot of freedom to operate, demonstrate their creative and entrepreneurial flair and be part of an international and ambitious team and above all, work on the challenge to steer growth in the right direction.
The individual will manage the improvement of all supply chain and operational activity for the business including;
- The review of all procurement activity and identification of cost reduction opportunities from low cost countries
- The improvement and maintenance of standards in supply chain and operations to ensure achievement of customer and Howden standards
- Responsibility for the development of the supply chain strategy and the tactical and strategic sourcing of compressor parts, including localisation.
- Development of the manufacturing plan and set up processes for maintaining high standards within engineering operations
- Management of all supplier engineering to ensure quality is achieved throughout the supply chain
- Manage the seamless handover of the different Value streams
We are looking for an inspiring leader who has a mix of Supply Chain and Operational development experience within a relevant global engineering environment.
The incumbent will bring strong leadership qualities and change management skills, with the ability to drive improvements through their teams and to achieve business results.
They will be experienced in the implementation of lean manufacturing methodologies and continuous improvement processes, with a strong focus on people development and management.
The successful candidate will possess most of the following;
- Msc or Bachelor’s degree (equivalent) in business, engineering, supply chain management or related subject
- A track record and extensive experience in Operations and Supply Chain Management within an international, high-quality engineering organisation
- Strong strategic and analytical skills and able to switch easily between conceptual and operational thinking
- Experience in leading lead-time reduction projects
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities
- Strong people management skills with a focus on developing talent
- The ability to inspire those around them and create a winning atmosphere
- Credibility to set and lead strategy and be an overall “business partner” to the Howden organisation
- A willingness to challenge the norm and provide innovative solutions to complex challenges
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), including reporting skills
- Result and solution-oriented, decisive and stress resistant
Please note there will be travel requirements within this role, and will require a willingness to travel up to 25% at times and internationally.
To apply, please send your CV to Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rheden; Netherlands