Home » UK Finance Director
- September 05, 2019
The L.S Starrett Company manufactures precision tools, gauges, measuring instruments and saw blades for industrial, professional and consumer markets globally. The business was originally founded in Athol, Massachusetts in 1880, which remains the global HQ, with production facilities in North and South America, the UK and China.
The UK production facility opened in Jedburgh in 1958 and last year celebrated six decades of UK manufacturing. The Jedburgh site employs 150 people, manufacturing bandsaw blades, power tool accessories, holesaws and optical projectors.
Due to an impending retirement, Starrett is looking to appoint a new Finance Director. The UK Finance Director will be required to lead and develop the finance strategy in line with the overall strategy of the business. This will involve continuous development of the team, ensuring robust financial systems, processes, procedures and operational finance support are in place to meet internal and external demand. Reporting to the Managing Director, with a natural reporting line into the Global CFO, you will work closely with each of the Company Directors and senior teams to drive future growth and the positive performance of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the design and provision of insightful MI and analysis, giving a clear overview of business performance, fuelling commercial decision making and strategic planning discussions.
- Contribute strongly to commercial debate, with financial analysis of supply, customer and commercial contracts, including the profitability of pricing and tenders.
- Investment and Capex appraisal, M&A, financial modelling and analysis.
- Cashflow management and forecasting, including foreign exchange.
- Ensure efficient and appropriate financing is available and developing positive relationships with banks and all external stakeholders.
- Leadership and development of the Finance, IT and Purchasing teams.
We are looking to appoint a qualified accountant with outstanding financial acumen and a demonstrable track record of contributing strongly to the growth of a business. With a good personal presence and appropriate leadership style, the successful candidate will be technically excellent, commercially aware and with the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels. Relevant sector experience in manufacturing or a similar environment, with a good understanding of both the internal and external drivers which may affect the business and its customers will be good attributes to possess.
This position will be based in Jedburgh, therefore applicants should be based within a commutable distance or be willing to relocate for this role.
To apply, please send your CV, plus current remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential discussion, please call 0131 539 7087.
- Jedburgh; Scottish Borders