Opportunities To Join Blackwood
Please click the links for further details and to download individual brochures for each position:
About Blackwood Group
Blackwood is a leading housing and care provider, specialising in services for people with disabilities across Scotland. Founded in 1972 by Dr Margaret Blackwood, the organisation is entirely focused on creating personalised and individual solutions to help people live fully and independently.
With over 550 employees, 1500 properties, 3 care homes and over 10,000 hours per week in care at home services across Scotland, Blackwood operates in 29 out of 32 local authorities. We provide homes, care and support for adults with physical disabilities, long term conditions, sensory impairment and learning disabilities. We also provide care services to older people who require additional support to enable them to live in their own homes.
Blackwood’s teams are friendly, committed, motivated and trained to the highest level, which ensures the best possible outcomes are achieved for our customers.
Blackwood’s local bases in Stirling, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Ayr, and Edinburgh facilitate a unique and streamlined housing and care service. Being closer to our customers ensures we are in the best position to support people at a personal level and enable them to live their life to the full.
We have accessible and modern bespoke housing aimed at providing great value for people with a range of disability and housing needs, and our ongoing investment programmes aim to ensure that existing homes are upgraded to meet statutory obligations and customers’ priorities. Our Care Inspectorate grades have been consistently very good and excellent, and we are determined to maintain this high standard of care.
Neighbourhoods for Independent Living
As part of a ground-breaking £12.5 million Government funded project, Blackwood is seeking to create neighbourhoods that support people as they age so they can live five more healthy, active years.
Working with partners and co-designing with the local community, these neighbourhoods will combine technology, design, products and services in a physical and digital environment.
Blackwood’s Neighbourhoods for Independent Living will be built in three locations;
- Dundee (Charleston)
- Glasgow (Cardonald)
- Moray (Buckie)
Our programme focuses on 5 healthy ageing challenges:
- Designing age friendly homes that are accessible, affordable, beautiful and connected will be the primary focus.
- Sustaining physical activities by providing local people with a range of activities and equipment such electric bikes stations.
- Managing common complaints of ageing helping people through products and services to age well, feeling safe and secure in their neighbourhoods.
- Supporting social connections will focus on helping everyone to become confident online and make the most of new and exciting technology to help people to connect in a safe and secure way.
- Creating healthy and active places will focus on making the neighbourhoods welcoming, accessible and beautiful places to live.
To access further detail on our Home & Neighbourhood Features, Technology Partners and the Strategic Model please click the link below.
Application and Interview Process
To apply, please download the relevant candidate brochure and follow the application instructions, or for any other queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.