Chair and Non-Executive Director Forum
with Fiona Hyslop MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Fair Work and Culture, Scottish Government
- Recognition of the scale of the crisis and also the stress and strain which has come with it, on both individuals and organisations.
- Mutualisation – acknowledgment that we have shared the risk and challenges of Covid, both personally and professionally and together as a society. Now the challenge is can we also share the ‘way back’ together?
- Engagement between Government and Business and how should Government measure the success of that?
- Build back – the need for a strategy and the need for that work to begin now.
- Challenge – what can business offer to Government to support the build back and can Government be receptive to those offers?
- Opportunities – looking beyond Covid – changing working patterns, the green agenda, further digitalisation. Can we hope and plan for a more rapid bounce back than might otherwise have been expected?
There was a plea made to government to;
- Re-open our economy and in particular those industries and services which will have a multiplier effect.
- Engage with business leaders. Let us be part of the build back strategy.
- Embrace the green agenda but do not over complicate the process for companies to get support.