Home » Product Strategy Lead
- February 16, 2016
Aggreko is a global FTSE 250 B2B services business which provides power solutions (electricity generation) and temperature control for events, emergency situations and for longer term large scale requirements. While large and global in scale and structure the business retains a highly entrepreneurial and service led culture where talented individuals with high levels of mental agility and flexibility of approach tend to be very successful. As the business is sizable it offers outstanding career opportunities, including world class training and development.
We are seeking a Product Strategy Lead who will report to the Head of Product Management in the Power Solutions business. The focus of the role is to understand and influence the development of new products and maximize the market potential for Aggreko. It is also to analyse market studies to support the product strategy process, conduct company and product benchmarking and identify growth opportunities by market & application.
The successful candidate is likely to have an academic background in engineering or other technical field, followed by an early career in strategy consulting, marketing, product development or other highly analytical areas including oil and gas or energy. The role will be based between London and Dumbarton with international travel so the client is flexible as to where candidates wish to base themselves.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding the product – develop a very strong understanding of the technical and economic features of products relevant to the Power Solutions markets.
- Competitor comparisons – create repository of comparative analysis and data sheets of Aggreko products against competitive offerings on both technical and economic parameters.
- Product enhancements – works closely with Product Management team to incorporate product enhancements and new product offerings
- Conduct secondary & primary market research and studies to fully understand the needs of potential customers and understand what the market is asking for.
- Analyse trends within the market, looking for growth opportunities by market and application
- Research and review availability of new technology focusing on future markets and products
- Strong Influence to development strategy for Power Solutions.
- Understand the interaction of market battlefield, market opportunity, voice of business, market requirements and availability of future or current technology to prepare business cases as initiator for future new product introductions.
- Aggreko places a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company.
- Degree/ Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical engineering (or similar), with relevant experience in a technical environment.
- Ability to meet credibly with customers and discuss market development requirements.
- Substantial experience of Product Marketing or B2B Business Development in relevant industries / markets.
- Recognized Marketing qualification (CIM diploma).
- Technical ability – good understanding of technical features of Aggreko products for power solutions.
- Market & competitive orientation – complements technical skill with commercial awareness and understands market/competitive dynamics.
- Mobility – prepared to travel globally to work with the regions within Power Solutions.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to develop and motivate teams in an international environment.
- Good listener who seeks broad input and remains well-informed.
- Inquisitive, always looking for improvement opportunities and challenging constructively.
- Adheres to the highest personal, professional, ethical and safety standards.
- Task Completion – reliable, committed to completing tasks.
- Accountability – drives outcomes by taking personal responsibility.
- Customer Focus – understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships.
- Understanding people – is driven by an interest in people and a desire to understand what drives them and how they approach issues.
- Change orientation – describes how an individual identifies the need for improvement and change.
- Drive for results – a deep seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results.
- Building capability – developing individuals and groups in order to increase the capability of the whole organisation.
- Leading Others – the ability to create a compelling vision of the future and provide inspiration, clarity and direction.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Adam Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org