Home » AIX (Advanced Ion Exchange) Sales & Marketing Manager
- May 05, 2014
The Water Technologies Group of Johnson Matthey sits within the New Business Division and is a newly formed, ambitious business unit focussed on growth through internal research and development as well as potential acquisitions. The business, formed in 2013, is focused on developing advanced technologies to treat problem contaminants, particularly in industrial process streams and effluents.
We are looking to appoint a Sales & Marketing Manager to lead regional sales teams across Europe, Middle East and Africa in the development and delivery of the commercial strategy and global revenue budget for the AIX business. This is a very high profile role with responsibility for maximising profits, developing long and short-term strategic plans, new business development including expansion through acquisition, technical support, training and management of the sales force.
This person will be directly responsible for preparing annual budgets, revenue plans, commercial budgets and strategic plans for the business unit and will be accountable for their implementation, achievement and control.
Candidates should have:
- Degree in a science based subject
- Knowledge and experience of sales of ion exchange resins – ideally within the mining/mineral processing sectors
- Proven track record of sales growth
- Significant experience of establishing strong commercial relationships
- Experience of managing a commercial team – ideally some experience of managing remote teams
- An entrepreneurial approach
- A flexible approach to travel – c.50% of time globally
We are looking for a talented individual with relevant market experience to join this exciting division which has strong ambitions for growth and to make a visible impact on its success. There is a clear opportunity for career progression within the group.