Home » Supply Chain Leader
- February 04, 2016
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs approximately 8,500 people, including over 1,000 scientists, at nearly 30 facilities across 5 continents and in Fiscal 2013 generated more than $1.8 billion in annual revenue.
The Clinical Supply Service business provides global supply chain and clinical supply management services from clinical packaging and labelling, clinical storage and global distribution as well as speciality handling of cold chain, biologic, potent/cytotoxic and controlled drug substances.
The Bathgate facility employs c.170 people and is an important part of Catalent’s Clinical Supply Services Global network. Due to continued growth at the site and increased customer demand, the Bathgate site is looking to appoint a Supply Chain Leader.
The Supply Chain Leader will report to the Site General Manager and will have dotted line reporting responsibility to the VP Global Supply Chain. They will also be part of the Site Leadership Team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide a strong leadership to a team of approx. 50 people
- Manage and optimise Safety, Quality and On-Time Delivery Performance across all aspects of supply Chain
- All aspects of planning, scheduling, material management and clinical logistics as well as storage and distribution
- Develop and implement site planning and scheduling strategies to ensure cost effective processing or orders and customer and stakeholder satisfaction
- Drive operational excellence and best practice across the suply chain function
- Develop and sustain customer relationships through audit process and other direct interaction
- Work effectively as part of the site leadership team to support and develop site strategy for continued growth
We are looking for an exceptional leader to join a strong existing site leadership team. There is a clear potential for succession in this ambitious global organisation which is enjoying a period of sustained organic growth. There is an opportunity to influence across all divisions of the business. Candidates should have strong leadership skills and are likely to have had experience of working in a manufacturing environment in either distribution, operations, manufacturing or quality. A strong working knowledge of GMP and GDP is highly desirable.