Home » Assistant Regional Director, Scotland
- February 08, 2018
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated and focussed team at the CBI in Scotland, the UK’s leading business membership organisation. The Deputy Director works with the Scottish Director to support CBI members, grow the membership base and raise the profile of the CBI in the Scotland. If you are interested in political and current affairs, love business and have the credibility and commercial acumen to work with Scotland’s top business leaders, join the UK’s leading business membership organisation and contribute to supporting economic growth in this dynamic region.
- Work with the Director to provide a compelling membership offering to potential and existing CBI members
- Develop sponsorship opportunities across the region
- Grow the membership base in the region and achieve specific financial targets through innovative recruitment strategies
- Help to design and deliver the business plan for CBI activities in Scotland
- Manage the relationship with a portfolio of member companies to ensure that CBI supports their business to grow and achieve retention targets
- Engage in specific regional and sector policy issues of relevance to CBI members and effectively advocate the CBI position.
- Develop networks within the Scottish business community, maintaining the profile of the CBI
- Develop networks across the Scottish political community (cross party) and government agencies
- Develop marketing materials, maintain CRM system and support digital and social media initiatives
- Support the co-ordination of the CBI’s events programme for the region and attract top speakers
- Support policy colleagues with case studies from the membership that demonstrate how policy impacts competitiveness, helping CBI influence the debate
- Support colleagues across the UK and internationally
- Deputise for the Director where required
We are looking for candidates with a good knowledge of (and interest in) the Scottish business community. A strong track record in sales and account management dealing with senior business people across all sectors is also highly desirable. This role requires a self-starter with strong communication and first class networking skills.
To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland at firstname.lastname@example.org