Home » Head of Aviation Business Development
- March 30, 2016
Edinburgh Airport is a multi-award winning business. It is Scotland’s busiest airport, and makes Edinburgh the UK’s 3rd busiest aviation city with more than 40 airlines serving over 100 destinations. Approximately 12m passengers will travel through the airport in 2016.
Reporting to the Aviation Director, Edinburgh Airport (which is owned by one of the largest private equity firms in the world) is looking for a talented leader who doesn’t necessarily have aviation experience; the Head of Aviation Business Development is a newly created role which will be key in delivering profitable, sustainable aviation business development for Edinburgh Airport.
The role requires strong commercial acumen and the ability to lead a small, focussed sales team in identifying, analysing and selling new airline and contract route development opportunities as well as sustaining existing aviation business. The role will require regular national, international and global travel.
Candidates will be responsible for:
- Leading the aviation sales team with energy and enthusiasm and in line with company values and the team ethics
- Actively and credibly contributing to the airport aviation pipeline of opportunities
- Work with the insights team to create meaningful analysis and convey sound business cases for airlines
- Manage the aviation sale process through quality long term relationship management
- Forging strong and cooperative relationships with the business wide airline account management team
Suitable candidates will ideally be numerically degree qualified and have significant previous sales experience – specifically where you have managed relationships through a long sales cycle and have a track record of account management.
Aviation industry experience is not a pre-requisite, and we are very interested in speaking to candidates who may have had exposure to the corporate finance, financial services and technology industries or other related areas. A high level of intellect and professionalism and a keen interest to learn combined with strong commercial acumen are top priorities. Strong team fit is a priority, and candidates should have the ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively. They will be looking for an opportunity which will provide them with the scope to show initiative and also develop their career.