Home » Business Unit General Manager
- October 03, 2016
Our client, Chemring Energetics UK (CEUK) is part of Chemring Group PLC, a global business providing a range of advanced technology products and services to the aerospace, defence and security markets. Employing 2,848 people worldwide, Chemring has extensive operations in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The CEUK site at Ardeer employs 300 people over a 400 acre site which is focussed on the manufacture of propellants, rocket motors, explosives and pyro mechanisms for aircraft, missile and demolitions. Major customers include the UK MoD, Martin-Baker, Saab, Thales and BAES.
We are looking to appoint a Business Unit General Manager for the Devices division who will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for:
- Setting and driving strategy for the division, harnessing growth opportunities across the business with existing and new customers.
- Managing a team of 100 people through a team of 7 direct reports.
- Driving continuous improvement and operational excellence through KPIs in productivity, yield, health & safety and inventory control.
- Identifying cost reduction and manufacturing improvement programmes and effecting their implementation.
- Managing the P&L for the division and annual and long term budget plans.
- Managing new product introductions into manufacture, working closely with the engineering team.
- Liaising with Sales & Marketing team in relation to capacity and on-time delivery targets.
Candidates are likely to have an Engineering or Science degree as well as at least 10 years’ experience in manufacturing and operations management, ideally in a safety critical manufacturing environment. We are looking for a strong people manager with gravitas, natural influence and a proven track record in driving change.
This role represents a significant and strategic role in the business as well as an excellent opportunity to implement significant operational improvement to drive business success.
To apply, please send your CV with details of current remuneration to Ailsa Sutherland, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 539 7087 to discuss in further detail.