Home » Business Development Director
- October 14, 2020
Established in 1997, ACS Clothing Limited is a disruptive and innovative rental, return and Re-Commerce business providing clothing services into retail and soon to be directly to consumer markets through a new partnership. The business is the leading clothing rental provider in the UK “white label” menswear market and provides a range of services including within Re-Commerce, the provision of 3rd Party Logistics Services within Womenswear and Babywear and for 2021 the launch of Apparel Subscription.
The organisation boasts recognisable high street retailers within its client portfolio including Moss, Next, Slaters Menswear and online eCommerce businesses such as ASOS, HireStreet and MyWardrobeHQ.
With a commitment to, and a strong strategic focus on Sustainability – the organisation is well placed to thrive in a growing market within the circular economy.
With ambition to significantly scale the business, a new Business Development Director is being sought. This role will be critical in ACS achieving these significant growth plans and as such, the organisation is seeking to recruit a Business Development Director who will assist with the implementation of the strategic objectives.
The Business Development Director will lead the development of channel strategies and sales plans, centred around the 4 key sector pillars of growth which include:
- Traditional ‘white label’ menswear rental
- 3rd Party logistics provision for womenswear/babywear and menswear rental
- Apparel subscription
A significant area of focus will be placed on that of Re-Commerce and Rental markets for major high street and online retailers, however, the individual will also play a key role in selling other services when relevant.
Operating a collegiate and flat structure the individual will report into the Board and work alongside the CFO, COO and Customer Services Director to deliver on the strategic plans.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for a passionate and forward-thinking commercial leader to join the business with the ability to win the hearts and minds of people, influencing and inspiring those around them, bringing a mix of rigour and entrepreneurial flair to drive commercial growth strategies.
The individual will also possess most of the following;
- Experience of selling services to retailers. This could be for example with a 3PL / logistics organisation or a technology platform provider to retailers.
- Significant experience in a sales/commercial leadership position, with a track record of developing and delivering sales strategies that as resulted in profitable sales growth and new market penetration
- A relevant business degree e.g. Business Management, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Relevant service and industry knowledge – great existing relationships / knowledge of customers / appreciation of retail and consumer mindset
- Tenacity and resilience, with the ability to pick themselves up from set-backs or negative feedback
- The ability to identify and develop a pipeline of potential opportunities and build relationships with new and existing customers and winning new contracts
- An understanding of the circular economy, its benefits and sustainable business would be advantageous
- Experience of working with a smaller [high-growth] business, being entrepreneurial, innovative and maximising use of budgets
- A naturally inquisitive nature with the passion and interest to stay abreast of market trends and competitors
- Strong communication skills with customers and colleagues, with the ability to network naturally
- An awareness of the best events to attend to spread awareness of ACS services and help to get ACS recognised, such as well attended trade events
UK location can be flexible with regular visits to Scotland and an ability to travel throughout the UK.
For further details please download the full candidate brochure.
For more information please send a CV to email@example.com to arrange a confidential discussion.
- Flexible with travel