Home » Business Manager
- October 24, 2020
Our mission: ‘We enable people to ride a bike. We believe that cycling is the most effective and sustainable form of transport; we believe it enhances our chances for a healthy life and environment’
Bike for Good is a cycling charity based in Scotland. Founded in 2010, they sell and service refurbished bikes as well as running initiatives with a view to changing lives for the better through cycling. Beneficiaries include bike lovers, curious commuters, those with physical and mental health conditions, young people, refugees and asylum seekers, and those who have never cycled before in their lives. Funding of the organisation comes from the sale of refurbished bikes, and through grants and external funding aimed at tackling environmental, inclusion and health issues.
A recent joint venture with Velogik is taking Bike for Good into an exciting new growth phase to expand their award-winning platform further across the UK.
Reporting directly into the CEO, the Business Manager will have responsibility in the areas of people, operations, finance, project delivery and facilities. You will review and develop systems, and continuously improve processes across the business.
As a key member of the senior management team, you will play a lead role in ensuring the company remains compliant, efficient and profitable. You will provide strategic leadership and drive a strong compelling vision for the group.
The organisation is entering a period of significant change and you will be key in communicating this to staff, stakeholders and partners.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Leadership; strategic implementation, including planning, monitoring and evaluation of annual operations plan. Motivate staff and overall performance management.
- Strategy; to develop a corporate strategy, annual operational plan and associated budgets. To lead and manage the commercial development of the organisation, sponsorship events and external communications.
- Management and Controls; accountable for the day to day operations. Overall financial health and financial controls across each of the business areas. Ensure that they comply with legal and regulatory requirements. To keep appropriate standards of conduct with staff and volunteers.
- Communication and Reporting; keep good communication up with different departments. Keep accurate records for reporting to the Board and Chair.
- Resources management; manage resources required for delivery such as assets and facilities.
- Measurables; key outcomes of the strategic and operational plan.
The organisation’s values are clear and key:
Passionate – passionate about cycling as a tool for positive change.
Supportive – work at the heart of communities, empowering people and building partnerships. To make this happen, we nurture a collaborative work environment.
Expertise – continuously develop our skills and share them with our volunteers and staff, and throughout the community.
Environmentally aware – protect and preserve the environment for the benefit of all.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a results-driven, creative thinker and expert networker to join the team and help realise the vision of Bike for Good. You will inspire engagement and performance and work with a high degree of integrity.
A full candidate brochure can be downloaded here.
To apply, please send your CV to Lindsay Cramond at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 539 7087 for an initial confidential discussion.