Home » Chair
- May 27, 2018
Dynamic Earth is a five star visitor attraction in Edinburgh that tells the story of the planet Earth. It has been a key city attraction since 1999 and attracts 225,000 visitors a year. The Charity currently employs 100 highly motivated and skilled people – its mission? – To excite and engage people of all ages towards understanding how this small blue planet hanging in the infinity of space is our only home!
Dynamic Earth is looking to appoint a Chair who will hold the Board and Executive Team to account for the Charity’s mission and vision, providing positive leadership to the Board of Trustees, ensuring that each trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the charity.
He or she will act as an ambassador and the public face of the charity in partnership with the Chief Executive and Management team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Chair to:
- Provide leadership to the charity and its Board, ensuring that the Charity has maximum impact for its beneficiaries
- Motivate staff and bring people together in a team focused environment
- Provide financial management expertise and a broad understanding of charity finance issues
- Bring entrepreneurial flair and drive with a knowledge of commercial activities and operations
- Demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to Dynamic Earth, its strategic objectives and vision
Ideal candidates will exhibit strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities and be comfortable in an ambassadorial role. A knowledge and understanding of the markets in which Dynamic Earth operates (i.e. Tourism & Leisure/Formal Education/Corporate Hospitality) is desirable but not essential as is experience of Service based operations with a Customer centric focus.
This is a non-remunerated post.
To find out more, please contact Ailsa Sutherland, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com or call her for a further discussion on 0131 539 7087.