Home » Chair & Board Members
- October 14, 2020
Dundee Rep and Scottish Dance Theatre Ltd sit at the cultural heart of Scotland and the City of Dundee. Founded in 1939, the Rep building is a centre of creative energy, a space for engagement with a wide range of art forms, whilst also playing a lead role in arts education and engagement across the city and beyond. Proud of its Scottish roots, the Company looks outwards, producing dance and theatre of national and international significance, for and with a diverse audience.
Sited in a purpose-built art space, Dundee Rep and Scottish Dance Theatre create and deliver work for a local audience, as well as on a national and international scale.
The model is unique. Two creative forces share a home and a legal structure. Having a permanent acting ensemble is rare, but combined with a dance company and extensive creative learning and engagement activities, it makes the Rep building one of a kind and a hub of creative energy.
Scottish Dance Theatre is Scotland’s leading contemporary dance company, with the only full-time contemporary ensemble in Scotland, and produces high quality dance that is thought provoking and holds resonance in people’s lives. For more than thirty years, the company has brought unique dance experiences to audiences and communities in Dundee, Scotland and across the UK. The company has also built a strong international profile, becoming Scotland’s flagship dance company and a creative ambassador of Dundee and Scotland to the world, including visits to India, China, USA, South Korea, Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Chile and many European countries.
Dundee Rep Ensemble was established in 1999 with the mission of bringing together a permanent fulltime company of actors, the only company of its kind in the UK. The Dundee Rep Ensemble has created a number of award-winning productions, establishing a reputation as one of the UK’s foremost theatre companies.
As members of the Board, director/trustees’ responsibilities include:
- Setting the strategic objectives and policies of the organisation and overseeing their implementation
- Ensuring that the charity complies with relevant laws and requirements of regulatory bodies, and with the requirements of its own Articles of Association
- Ensuring Dundee Rep and Scottish Dance Theatre’s financial health, approving budgets and regularly scrutinising financial statements and forecasts
- Offering an ongoing commitment to Dundee Rep and Scottish Dance Theatre and its aims, acting in the best interests of the organisation and being open about any conflicts of interest
- Sharing expertise, advice and contacts related to each director/trustee’s specialist field, providing advice and support to the Joint CEOs between meetings if necessary
The Chair is the leader of the Board of Dundee Rep and Scottish Dance Theatre. Additional responsibilities to those outlined above, include:
- Acting as leader and representative of the Board, keeping in close contact with the organisation and its activities to inform and enable this role
- Planning and chairing Board meetings and any other sub-committee meetings as appropriate, ensuring that they are inclusive and purposeful
- Acting as line manager to the Joint CEOs on behalf of directors/trustees, meeting them on a regular basis and taking a leading role in their annual appraisal
Directors/trustees are elected for a 3-year term of office initially, and can be re-elected for a second 3-year term. After 6 years, directors/trustees have to stand down.
For the full details please download the candidate brochure.
For more information or a detailed conversation please contact Alix Meekison of FWB Park Brown via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0131 539 7087.