Home » Chief Executive
- May 04, 2018
Four Square has been a major provider of services for homeless and other vulnerable people in Edinburgh and elsewhere in Scotland for 40 years. The name Four Square represents the four areas where it provides services: Accommodation and Support, Advice and Advocacy, Learning and Employability, and Enterprise and Sustainability. Recently the organisation has merged with another registered charity “Keymoves” who has been providing emergency accommodation in Edinburgh for over 100 years.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a budget of c.£3 million and a workforce of 100 people. They will be an inspiring and empathetic leader with a commitment to public service and the ability to build on the excellent work of the departing Chief Executive. Providing leadership that motivates and develops staff, commands the respect of funders and other statutory and voluntary agencies, including Four Square partners, and secures the organisation’s growth and influence in its field of operations.
The post holder will:
- Lead organisational development and service management, including funding, governance, finance, HR, external relations and communications, partnership working and risk management
- Strengthen and develop Four Square’s relationships with external stakeholders in the public domain and in funding bodies
- Publicise the work of Four Square to the widest possible audience in order to reach people in need of their services and to influence and achieve the support of relevant agencies and individuals.
- Meet all requirements of OSCR, Companies House, the Care Inspectorate and any other relevant regulators
- Deliver the strategic aims and objectives of Four Square through design and implementation of a Business Plan, identifying new opportunities for development
- Build high quality relationships with key partners in realising shared business objectives
- Continue Four Square’s representation on strategic forums & partnerships, such as the voluntary providers’ Strategic Homelessness Action Partnership Edinburgh (SHAPE)
Suitable candidates are likely to have experience working in a publicly funded third sector organisation and have significant management experience. Some experience of commissioning and tendering would be an advantage.
This is an opportunity to join an entrepreneurial charity at an exciting phase of their growth strategy. The Chief Executive will be ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Organisation’s long and short-term plans.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Leah Ronaldson on 0131 539 7087 or by email via email@example.com which is also the address for applications. Applications can also be made by post to Leah Ronaldson, FWB Park Brown, 19 Alva Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4PH.
Please note the closing date for applications is 11/05/18.