Home » Chief Executive
- October 29, 2020
The Law Society of Scotland (LSS) is the professional body for nearly 13,000 Scottish Solicitors and was established in 1949. It is a body set and up and governed by statute. It is governed by a Council of 57 individuals (both Solicitor and non-Solicitor). LSS is a not-for profit which generates around £11m of income, has a staff of 130 and around 500 volunteers (Solicitors and non-Solicitors) assist in carrying out its work.
The Chief Executive is accountable for the strategy, planning and good governance of the operational aspects of all that LSS is responsible for.
The Chief Executive will work closely with senior individuals in third party organisations including Government Ministers, senior members of the judiciary and CEOs of partner/sectoral organisations and will be responsible for:
- Providing the leadership and vision necessary to develop the organisation to deliver on its statutory aims, adapting as further opportunities and challenges emerge
- Ensuring that the Society has good corporate governance structures and arrangements in place
- Guiding the plan for Membership, Council and Board business throughout the year ensuring that constitutional and legislative deadlines are met
We are looking for:
- An excellent communicator and relationship-builder, with strong negotiating and influencing skills, and the ability to present complex issues and arguments persuasively to a broad set of stakeholders, using high levels of emotional intelligence
- A confident, visionary leader who values respect, progress, openness, integrity and inclusion
- Strong planning and financial leadership skills, with experience of delivering high quality financial, risk and operational management in a similar sized organisation and with a focus on continuous improvement
- The ability to analyse information, take decisions and exercise sound judgement
- The ability to publicly represent the Society with confidence and credibility as an ambassador for the Society
- A leader who cascades clear goals and builds a culture of high performance and accountability
This role represents a unique opportunity to contribute to the ongoing transformation of a successful, ambitious and world-renowned professional body at a time of exciting opportunity and change.
This will therefore suit a motivated and driven professional who is looking to make a real lasting impact on an organisation and sector as part of their career achievements and development.
Further information is available by downloading the full candidate brochure here.
To apply please send your CV and current remuneration details to Ailsa Sutherland at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com, or call us for a confidential discussion on 0131 539 7087.