Home » Chief Executive
- April 14, 2023
The Highland Council is ambitious, sustainable and connected. The largest land mass local authority in the UK, the Highland Council boasts vibrant cities, towns and villages, idyllic remote and rural locations, beautiful landscapes, heritage and culture and a wealth of opportunity.
People in the Highlands want affordable housing, cleaner environments, excellent education and work opportunities, reliable access to transport and a good and safe quality of life. ‘Our Future Highland’ five-year strategic plan will deliver investment and outstanding services to improve the futures of its 238,000 residents and optimise the experience of its thousands of annual visitors.
The Highland Council are seeking an exceptional Public Sector professional to lead the Council in the role of Chief Executive (CE). The CE will champion the citizens of the Highlands, its services, businesses, communities and education, to deliver the vision of creating a strong and growing economy built on fairness and opportunity for all.
- Deliver the Council’s strategic aims and objectives, as set out in the Council’s Programme, with citizens at the centre of everything they do and the diverse needs of the community they serve
- Ensure that services are delivered to the highest of standards through effective leadership and management of the Council.
- Provide leadership and development to staff, underpinned by a performance management, digital and commercial ethos and to work innovatively with partners to raise the ambition of the Highlands
- Lead the Council in its commitment to equality and diversity, driving good practices and behaviours across partners, business and communities
- Engage effectively with Elected Members to ensure effective governance of the Council, maintain high standards and ensure the probity and integrity of all decisions made
- Represent the Council’s interests at all levels, forums and groups as agreed with the Administration and Council
We are looking for a highly progressive, strategic and passionate CE with the initiative and resilience to lead an organisation of this scale and complexity. An outstanding communicator with integrity and enthusiasm to develop high performing teams and drive a culture of excellence. A commitment to equality, inclusion and diversity is essential to create an environment where everyone is can meet their full potential. Candidates need not necessarily have operated at CE level before but will bring a breadth of Public Sector leadership experience to this role.
If you share the Council’s ambitious, sustainable and connected vision and would relish driving this forward, we would very much welcome your application via the link below:
For a confidential conversation, please call Graham Burns at FWB Park Brown on 0131 539 7087