Home » Chief Executive
- May 26, 2015
Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce (AGCC) is the leading independent, member focussed business organisation in the North East of Scotland. It represents over 1350 members and is a dynamic and successful organisation. AGCC is involved in almost every aspect of business in the region and makes a significant contribution to the wellbeing of the economy.
AGCC works very closely with a range of partners and key stakeholders and is engaged and respected across the private, public and third sectors. Founded in 1854, AGCC is an accredited member of both the British Chambers of Commerce and Scottish Chambers of Commerce and won the UK Chamber of the Year Award in 2014.
The key objectives of AGCC are:
- To deliver the ultimate business network benefits to members
- To provide added value to members through the provision of first class paid for services
- To work with regional partners to secure effective economic development
- To be the voice of business – lobbying for a better operating environment
- To continuously improve the performance of AGCC to give exceptional value for money to members and partners
A new Chief Executive is now being sought to lead this highly successful organisation which employs 35, plus a number of specialist sub-contractors. The Chief Executive will lead a small executive team and in turn reports to a board of 12 (unpaid) Non-Executive Directors. The appointment arises due to the planned retiral of the current incumbent, Bob Collier.
Suitable candidates will have both credibility and gravitas and a successful career track record. They will also have first class people and leadership skills. This is both an exciting and demanding role which requires a commitment which extends beyond ‘normal’ working hours. The remuneration will be commensurate with the importance of this appointment.