Home » Chief Executive Officer
- October 23, 2020
We are seeking a people focussed, visionary, innovative and inspirational leader with a strategic and commercial mind-set, with exceptional stakeholder and relationship management skills.
Alongside this, a proven track record in delivering commercial results, customer and employee engagement, as well as operational and technological change implementation is essential and all applicants must have held either SMF or CF roles previously.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has ultimate oversight and accountability for the efficient operation of the Lothian Pension Fund and LPF group in accordance with its core purpose, applicable regulations and service plan activities, with commensurate responsibilities under its policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- As the line manager of members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the CEO is expected to manage the contribution of each member to the LPF group’s goals.
- The CEO will be required to set the tone for the culture and conduct of staff within the LPF group in line with its values and business strategy.
- The role will involve taking a lead on stakeholder engagement and positioning the LPF group within the wider investment and pensions industry.
- The CEO is further accountable for the effective delivery of change projects as may be required to achieve service plan outcomes, member needs or to comply with laws or regulations.
About Lothian Pension Fund
Lothian Pension Fund (LPF) has been around in its current form since 1975 and has helped more than 75,000 local government workers and their families to experience a financially secure retirement. We expect to be here to provide for the beneficiaries of the youngest members of our Fund today, and so we need a plan that sets out how we’ll achieve the sustainability that such multigenerational obligations require.
We administer the LGPS in Edinburgh and the Lothians and are one of more than a hundred local government pension scheme (LGPS) funds in the UK and we’re the second-largest LGPS fund in Scotland.
We’re an asset-backed and multi-employer scheme with around £8billion of assets and at our last valuation in 2017 we were 98% funded. We serve 84,000 members and 90 employers.
Our investment team is unique in Scotland in holding FCA authorisation. We manage over 85% of assets inhouse via internal equity and bond portfolios and infrastructure investment.
We established a regulated investment company providing resourcing, operational support, governance and deal execution for our private markets and gained FCA authorisation in 2015. This enables collaboration with other LGPS funds offering a clearing house service.
In March 2017, we became the first UK Local Government pension fund awarded accreditation for the Pensions Administration Standards Association and have held the Customer Service Excellence Award for the last 10 years.
We are, above all, passionate about pensions and our values are enduring principles that inform, inspire and instruct day-to-day behaviour. We are proud to be:
- Agile and dependable – We approach work with an open and flexible attitude and take responsibility to manage our work effectively and efficiently. We also embrace new processes in a consistent and reliable way
- Self-motivated and team players – We actively participate as individuals – taking pride and responsibility in what we do. At the same time, we show awareness for the team and ensure our objectives support the team’s objectives
- Challenging and respectful – We appreciate the need to challenge status quo and ask questions in a constructive and respectful way
- Innovative and prudent – We always look to improve processes and practices and ensure we do this in a way that is safe and protects the Fund from unnecessary risk.
For more information, on this opportunity and on Lothian Pension Fund, please download the Candidate Brochure here.
Additionally, should you wish to discuss this opportunity, your candidacy or opportunities similar to this in confidence, please contact Michael Dickson on 0131 539 7087 or at email@example.com
- Edinburgh with Flexibility