Home » Chief Executive Officer
- April 25, 2022
With home building fundamental to Scotland’s social wellbeing and economic success, impacting wide-ranging areas of public policy, Homes For Scotland are proud to represent one of our country’s most vital sectors. Homes For Scotland speaks for c200 organisations which together deliver the vast majority of all new homes built in Scotland.
Homes For Scotland looks to change, challenge and collaborate on behalf of members to ensure the housing needs and aspirations of all those living in Scotland are met. The organisation:
- Works with government at all levels
- Engages constructively with other stakeholder groups
- leads debate on the issues that affect housing delivery
- Questions policy and guidance where necessary
- Seeks and offer solutions to stimulate change
Homes For Scotland are seeking a dynamic individual with energy and enthusiasm to lead their team. The CEO will play their part to help the organisation address the long-term vision for housing delivery and the transition to net zero whilst ensuring our country has the homes of all tenures that Scotland requires. Leading their small and impactful team, and working closely with their Chair and Board, the successful candidate will experience a supportive environment with enthusiastic and experienced people. They will drive forward the strategy and build strong, positive relationships with all those involved in housing delivery across Scotland. The successful candidate must be passionate about the delivery of more homes of all tenures and be knowledgeable about how the Scottish operating context can have an impact on that delivery.
The Chief Executive operates as part of the senior management team, covering the core functions: planning, policy, public affairs and technical. Working closely with the Chair and others to provide leadership for the corporate operation of the company, in line with requirements of the Board and wider membership, you will provide strategic and operational leadership, ensuring that all activities support the delivery of our strategic objectives, which are set out in Homes For Scotland’s 5-year strategic plan. You will pay a key role in the external representation of the company and its members.
We are seeking candidates with the following essential skills:
- Proven leadership experience of managing and motivating teams
- Experience of stakeholder engagement and collaboration with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Experience of working with professionals from across the public and private sectors
- Well-developed organisational skills
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
To apply, please send your CV to Adam Brown, Director, FWB Park Brown at email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please contact him at our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.