Home » Chief Executive Officer
- September 09, 2019
The Scottish Business Resilience Centre (SBRC) is a non-profit organisation which exists to support and help protect Scottish businesses.
Established in 1996 (and previously called the Scottish Business Crime Centre) SBRC has evolved to reflect the changing needs of business and people. Expertise in Cyber Security, Organised Crime and Counter Terrorism now form a significant part of the services offered to members. The organisation is funded by a wide range of business investors and members across Scotland and a variety of Private and Public partnerships including the Police, Scottish Government, Association of Scottish Clearing Banks, the Drinks Industry and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. Widely regarded as thought leaders in their field, the SBRC model and research has been used to establish similar Digital Security Centres and Cyber hubs throughout the UK.
A unique connection to Police Scotland, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and Scottish Government gives the organisation exclusive access to the latest information on legislation, criminal trends and threats, allowing it to provide the very best advice to safeguard the staff, customers and interests of the broad spectrum of Scottish businesses. SBRC offer a wide range of business resilience services, delivered by an expert team of trusted professionals, seconded police and fire officers and innovative Ethical Hacking students from Abertay University. Working in partnership to protect people, places and processes, SBRC are constantly looking at new ways to educate Scotland and keep its businesses and people safe.
Reporting to the Non-Executive Chair, the CEO will have a central remit for all aspects of the organisations operational, commercial, cultural and financial performance. He or she will naturally be a very strong leader with outstanding communication, influencing and relationship building skills across a wide range of multi-dimensional stakeholders.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide strong leadership and direction to the Executive team, towards achieving the organisations vision, strategy and goals, and to hold them accountable
- Create the leadership capability to deliver SBRC objectives at an affordable cost
- Engage, with confidence and gravitas, with the Public and Private Sectors in equal measure
- Inspire, drive and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Further raise the profile of SBRC and position the organisation firmly ahead of the curve in terms of relevance and technology
- Good personal presence and strong strategic leadership style
- Politically aware with excellent ambassadorial skills and a good grasp of Scottish Public Affairs
- An understanding and appetite for Cyber Protection, Academic Partnership and Education in creating competitive advantage and protecting Scottish businesses
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, ensuring sound internal control and governance within a robust and successful organisation
- An international outlook, customer focus, innovation and adaptability
- A passion for Scotland and keeping its people safe
- A good sense of humour, humility and an ability to get on well with others at all levels
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a highly innovative, relevant and hugely important organisation at a very interesting stage of its development. Thought leadership around cyber protection and wider business resilience and security is more important now than ever, making this an extremely high profile and compelling opportunity. Applications are welcomed from outstanding leaders with, ideally, a good mix of public and private sector experience in their careers to date.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.