Home » Chief Financial Officer
- October 16, 2020
Loganair is Scotland’s Airline and the longest-established airline still trading under its original name in the UK. Headquartered at Glasgow Airport, the airline operates 44 aircraft on a network of over 70 routes, transporting over one million passengers a year, pre-COVID. The business employs approximately 730 people in locations ranging from the Shetland Islands to the Isle of Man and Newcastle and is the UK’s largest regional airline.
In addition to flying several of the UK’s major domestic routes, Aberdeen to Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow to Southampton, Loganair provides an essential service, flying to some of the most remote and stunning locations in the country. Many of the communities that Loganair serves are dependent on the lifeline links it provides for business, leisure and healthcare commitments, delivery of mail and newspapers, tourism income and passenger connectivity to worldwide air networks for seamless customer connections.
Some restructuring in the business and renewed focus on strategic objectives has created the opportunity for an outstanding individual to join the Board of Loganair in the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the CEO and the Executive Chairman, the CFO will be responsible for all financial aspects of the business and will be expected to add value commercially, strategically and operationally across all areas.
The CFO will be responsible for:
- Accuracy, timeliness and ownership of all financial information
- Driving efficiencies through cost control and strong cash management
- Improving profitability through effective treasury and hedging strategies
- Investment appraisal of additional revenue streams and opportunities
- Coordination and control over submitted Public Sector Obligations and long-term Council supported route services
- Successful contract negotiation and project evaluations
- Regularly reviewing the risk profile of the company and proposing mitigations where appropriate
- Helping to position Finance as a Business Partner to the three core divisions
- Providing Leadership and mentoring to the Finance, HR and Technology teams
- Participating in key decisions of the Senior Leadership Team across all aspects of the business
- Providing support and challenge to the Chief Executive Officer
We are looking for an experienced and highly credible CFO with initiative, who will form part of a strong and balanced leadership team to implement a very clear strategy. This is an excellent opportunity to shape both the business and the balance sheet to help shareholders achieve their objectives.
We are looking to appoint a professionally qualified accountant with significant experience of scheduled aviation or a similar relevant sector, leadership and excellent stakeholder management skills.
For more information, please click here to view the Candidate Brochure.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.