Home » Chief Financial Officer
- December 06, 2017
Kelburn, Port Glasgow
AMG is the UK’s leading owner and distributor of an impressive portfolio of premier outdoor, footwear and snow sports brands, each with its own unique brand identity and product range. See www.amg-group.co
The business, for many years, was family-owned, but is now owned by its Management team, along with London-based PE investor Growth Capital Partners. The strategy is focused on growth, value creation and M&A.
Specific responsibilities of the CFO will therefore include:
- Supporting business growth – through ongoing short and long term financial planning
- Driving equity value – understanding and analysing the key value drivers to support strategic discussions and influencing the overall direction of and focus within the business
- On-going analysis of performance – to analyse trends; identify risks and upside vs. financial plans; assist in understanding the financial implications of business decisions; and provide impartial, commercial challenge to the other members of the management team
- Partner to the CEO – acting as a sounding board in issues across the group, e.g. customer/ contractual negotiations, staff incentives
- Key role in future transactions – central role in the execution of M&A & future PE deals
- Optimising financial management – including working capital, cash management, funding and bank relationships, FX and tax
- Financial reporting – overseeing the production of monthly management and financial / statutory accounts
- Evolving financial systems, processes and policies – to meet the needs of a rapidly growing and increasingly international business
- Managing, mentoring and developing the existing finance function and team
- Group Board Director – managing risk / reward, incorporating the Company Secretary role and discharging the Board’s fiduciary duties including financial reporting and compliance
- Wider functional responsibility – including, if appropriate, insurance, compliance, legal and IT
Candidates will be able to demonstrate success in previous financial leadership positions and will therefore have a thorough technical knowledge and be strong on business modelling, corporate structures and have an awareness of tax, regulatory and legal environments. This background is also likely to include transaction experience, potentially within a PE-backed business.
Key attributes will be a down-to-earth, straight forward style and a well rounded individual with strong interpersonal skills. Naturally we will also look for excellent negotiating, communication and influencing skills, a strong strategic and commercial ability and a keen intellect. We also want someone who will be energised by working in the outdoors industry.
This is a very established and extremely well run business which also has significant growth prospects and an equity opportunity for the new CFO. We would expect someone to want to invest in the business and we believe the returns will be excellent.
For further information please contact Willie Finlayson via email@example.com or 0131 539 7087. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelburn Port Glasgow