Home » Chief Financial Officer
- April 29, 2022
Clevermed has spent over 20 years creating technology solutions to support clinicians, women, children and families during pregnancy, neonatal and paediatric care. Childbirth in particular is inherently full of risk for both the mother and baby. There are a variety of unknowns in the process and women can frequently move between healthcare departments and organisations during this window of time. Circumstances and risk profiles can change and critical information may not be passed on from one healthcare provider to the next. Clevermed changes all of this by providing intelligent care record and patient data management software to reduce risk and ensure better outcomes for those involved.
Clevermed is based in Edinburgh and has grown to become one of the market leading meditech businesses in the UK. The success of the business is based upon a culture of sense of purpose, regarding the health of women and children at such a critical time, continuous innovation in products and a disruptive approach to conventional thinking in this field.
The business is now of the size and scale where the need has been identified and timing is right to add to the existing strength of the Leadership Team with the appointment of an outstanding Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join the Board. The CFO will be responsible for all financial aspects of the business and will be expected to add value commercially, strategically and operationally across all areas. The CFO will be based in Edinburgh, with some flexibility for an element of home working where required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the CEO, Directors and Chairman to manage the business plan and drive the growth and performance of the business.
- Lead on all finance related matters across the organisation in support of overall company strategy.
- Oversight of management and statutory accounting, audit, treasury, pensions, insurance and risk management, legal/contract management, and compliance activities.
- Provide constructive challenge and support to the CEO and the Board, proactively identifying and taking responsibility for the implementation of improvement initiatives, particularly around the operational scaling of the business and further internationalisation.
- Leading the design and provision of relevant and insightful financial and operating information and analysis to the Board in a timely manner (including monthly P&L, CF and BS) and Shareholders, giving a clear overview of business performance and fuelling commercial decision making and strategic planning discussions.
- Provide Leadership, development opportunities and mentoring to the Finance and HR teams.
- Contributing strongly to key decisions of the Senior Leadership Team across all aspects of the business.
We are looking for an experienced and highly credible CFO with initiative, who will form part of a strong and balanced leadership team to implement a very clear strategy. We are open on sector background but some exposure to Technology and Scale up entrepreneurial businesses, with a good understanding of key market drivers, will be of interest.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.