Home » Chief Financial Officer
- October 24, 2022
ILC Therapeutics is an exciting fast growing UK-based biotechnology company and pioneer in the discovery and development of a ground-breaking new class of hybrid interferon drugs.
ILC Therapeutics’ hybrid interferon platform technology provides the opportunity to design novel hybrid interferons to generate a series of drug candidates that will address major unmet medical needs in the fields of virology, oncology, dermatology, neurology and more.
Led by a globally experienced and successful executive team and board, ILC has a robust intellectual property estate and strong and enduring academic links. Following a recent fundraising round the Board is looking to add a permanent and full-time CFO to the Board following the exit of their part-time CFO.
Having had a previously part-time CFO the business is now of the size and scale where the need has been identified and timing is right to add to the existing strength of the Leadership Team with the appointment of an outstanding Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join the Board. The CFO will be responsible for all financial aspects of the business and will be expected to add value commercially, strategically and operationally across all areas. The CFO will be based in Edinburgh, with some flexibility for an element of home working where required.
We are looking to speak with applicants from all sectors within fast growth and scale-up environments and key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the CEO, Directors and Chairman to manage the business plan and drive the growth and performance of the business.
- Lead on all finance related matters across the organisation in support of overall company strategy.
- Oversight of management and statutory accounting, audit, treasury, pensions, insurance and risk management, legal/contract management, and compliance activities.
- Provide constructive challenge and support to the CEO and the Board, proactively identifying and taking responsibility for the implementation of improvement initiatives, particularly around the operational scaling of the business, partnership work and internationalisation.
- Leading the design and provision of relevant and insightful financial and operating information and analysis to the Board in a timely manner (including monthly P&L, CF and BS) and Shareholders, giving a clear overview of business performance and fuelling commercial decision making and strategic planning discussions.
- Provide Leadership, development opportunities and mentoring to the Finance and HR teams.
- Contributing strongly to key decisions of the Senior Leadership Team across all aspects of the business.
We are looking for an experienced and highly credible CFO with initiative, who will form part of a strong and balanced leadership team to implement a very clear strategy. We are open on sector background but some exposure to Technology and Scale up entrepreneurial businesses, with a good understanding of key market drivers, will be of interest.
For more information and to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Michael Dickson at email@example.com. For an initial confidential discussion, please contact our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.
- Central Belt / Scotland