Home » Chief Financial Officer
- April 13, 2023
The Springfield Group is a growing, publicly listed housebuilder, delivering high quality homes across Scotland through six well-established and respected brands including Springfield Properties, Springfield Partnerships, Dawn Homes, Walker Group, Tulloch Homes & Mactaggart & Mickel Homes.
The Springfield Group is now one of the largest housebuilders in Scotland, having grown considerably with 4 key acquisitions in 5 years, posting revenues more than £250 million and completing more than 1,200 homes in its last financial year.
Starting with the belief that everyone deserves a good home, the Group delivers a wide choice of energy efficient homes across all tenures. The business has received several prestigious industry awards for its commitment to creating sustainable communities and looking after people and the environment.
Given this recent growth and continued ambition, we need to respond to the demands of our shareholders and drive the business forward, whilst at the same time continuing to ensure an appropriate environment of financial control, governance and reporting is in place. This activity will support a short-term consolidation programme and our longer-term growth strategy.
Our business leaders are the face of the organisation, and our new CFO will represent the Springfield Group externally, engaging with industry colleagues and bodies, investors and regulatory bodies in an informed manner.
This is a fantastic, and unique opportunity within the housebuilding sector in Scotland to lead the finance function – giving candidates the opportunity to operate as part of an ambitious, growth-oriented Executive in a listed business.
The CFO will;
- lead the overall finance function with regards to people, processes and strategy
- engage with a variety of external stakeholders for all commercial activities related to the business
- assume full Executive responsibility for the financial control and governance of the Group and divisional entities
- maintain effective links to divisional Boards and commercial teams across the Group to ensure compliance with procedures and measure impact of financial outcomes
- manage the overall development of a process improvement strategy for financial systems across the Group and consolidation of supporting systems
- take leadership of budget preparation and financial forecasts/plans as part of the Executive
- assume responsibility for treasury and tax activity for the Group
- act as a key interface for investor relations and ensure appropriate financial reporting is in place
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Finance Leader who has operated in a Group or Divisional (of significant scale) Finance Director position in a complex business.
The successful candidate will bring a high degree of commercial awareness and an understanding of the macro-economic factors which will affect our industry with regards to policy, regulation and market.
We would expect the successful candidate to possess most of the following;
- Previous experience of working within the Housebuilding sector, although we will also consider candidates from broader construction/capital project environments
- experience of operating in a listed [Plc] business environment as a CFO or a divisional Finance Director
- Chartered Accountant – ICAS (Scotland) or ICAEW (England & Wales) for example, ideally with an early career spent in Audit & Assurance, having worked with a breadth of industry clients
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to work closely with divisional stakeholders and commercial teams to improve bottom line performance
- Demonstrable successful track record of supporting business growth ideally with M&A experience
- A high degree of experience in risk management (financial, operational and regulatory) within the construction / housebuilding industry
- Strong experience of leading systems improvement projects and change management
To read more about the business, the role, candidate requirements and how to apply, please click here.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Jamie Brown, of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.