Home » Chief Financial Officer
- July 17, 2023
We’ve been producing premium farmed salmon as Scottish Sea Farms for over 20 years now. However, the company itself was established over 50 years ago.
Over those years, much has changed: farming approaches, the technology and know-how available to us, the increasingly specialist nature of many roles, and the diversity of our workforce, to name a few.
However, one thing has remained unchanged and that’s our commitment to raising the healthiest fish in the most responsible way. ‘Premium Scottish salmon, grown with care.’
With an annual revenue of £280m (2022), we’re seeking to appoint a Chief Financial Officer to support the development and growth of the business to £500m within the next three years.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, and with a key seat on the senior leadership team, the Chief Financial Officer will assume overall responsibility for the finance function.
Role and responsibilities
- Encouraging and developing ideas to strengthen overall business performance
- Identifying and implementing an effective framework of fit-for-purpose financial controls, governance, and planning to help future-proof the business
- Ensuring the highest standards of accounting and accountability
- Supporting the Board in commercial decision-making and the delivery of operational and strategic initiatives
- Partnering the Managing Director on external influencing with policymakers, government officials, and other sector bodies
- Leading communications with all external advisors including audit, tax, banking, insurance to ensure compliance with all required reporting
- Championing company-wide initiatives, both new and ongoing.
Based at the company’s Head Office in central Scotland, the role will also involve travel around the company’s key business regions and beyond.
The successful candidate
As a company that prides itself on its ‘family feel’, it’s crucial that the Chief Financial Officer is a strong cultural fit for the business.
We’re looking for a self-assured yet humble leader figure who is as accustomed to rolling up their sleeves and making it happen as they are strategically adept.
Someone who can:
- Pair technical experience and commercial acumen with emotional intelligence, communications skills, and empathy
- Lead by example, displaying exemplary standards, and motivating and inspiring others to match those high standards
- Quickly evaluate the capability of the finance team and establish personalised programmes of professional development to build the overall capability and competence of the department
- Overcome our disparate geography to build solid working relationships across all regions, departments, and wider team
In short, someone who is team focused, collaborative and can adapt their approach to suit the particular audience.
In terms of professional acumen, we are seeking a stand-out candidate with:
- An accountancy qualification (CA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Detailed knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Experience in a senior financial leadership role in a growing business
- Proven track record of driving transformational change
- Sound working knowledge of Power BI and the role it has to play
- The strategic mindset to act as a true commercial partner to the senior leadership team and wider management team
Equally, we’re looking for results-oriented, ‘can-do’ candidates with:
- The drive, energy, and powers of persuasion to make things happen
- The focus and attention to detail to monitor day-to-day financial metrics and to spot and resolve any issues swiftly
- Resilience to adapt to challenges and changes in circumstances
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.
- Stirling / Hybrid