Home » Chief Financial Officer
- February 02, 2019
Allrig is a leading global Oil and Gas Services Provider that provides offshore drilling contractors with a global one-stop shop. Allrig services include full quayside rig upgrades, jacking systems and crane inspections, drilling equipment from mud pump, draw-works, top drive and BOP refurbishments, derrick and rope access inspections and competence assured academy training.
Allrig is present in every major drilling region with class approved replacement parts available ex stock and competency assured technicians resident in each territory. Allrig meets the highest accreditation and safety standards and offers training through its global Knowledge Academy.
From inspection and testing to spare parts supply; from repair and manufacturing to overhauls and upgrades; from rope access to engineering solutions all of Allrig’s services aim to empower their clients operational performance day in and day out.
With a significant period of growth anticipated, both organically and potentially though further ‘buy and build’, Clyde Blowers Capital and the Board of Allrig are looking to appoint a new Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The primary role of the CFO will be in the provision of financial leadership, advice and decision-making support to the Chairman, CEO and other Board members as well as, of course, a wider contribution on commercial and operational issues in order to support and enable successful value enhancing growth of the business.
The post of CFO will carry the following key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Represent the financial interests and wishes of the Board of Directors and ultimately the Shareholders of the Company.
- Leadership of the global finance function and team, ensuring high professional standards are delivered, all statutory requirements and reporting relating to finance and company secretarial matters are met, innovation is encouraged and robust accounting, commercial and corporate governance policies and practices are further developed and maintained.
- Review, develop and implement improvements to the current financial and management reporting systems building flexible management information architecture, to provide the stability and foundation to deliver timely best in class financial reporting and data retrieval as the company grows.
- Supporting the management team in the development, monitoring and implementation of operational strategy with particular regard to group and regional financial forecasting and modelling.
- Operational and strategic oversight for European Region. (in effect, GM of European Operations – based in Amsterdam). In addition to this, responsibilities including IT, HR and significant Legal/Contractual requirements.
- Driving maximum performance from the core business, undertaking responsibility for commercial positioning via influencing pricing, rates of return on asset and personnel utilisation and improving contractual terms and conditions.
- Running Weekly Sales and Operational Planning Meetings. Educating those who are not as financially or commercially minded to their potential impact on margins, impact on the bottom line, profit and broader commercial and operational efficiencies.
- Building the business case for both organic and acquisitive growth opportunities, generating investment case propositions, transacting deals and ultimately creating the targeted value objectives of the strategic plan.
- Subsequent responsibilities for new-co set-up (for example recent set-up in Mexico, and potential for Aberdeen office/ subsidiary).
- Ensuring robust financial and commercial structures are in place to mitigate the inherent risks of currency, fiscal and cash flow issues resulting from the company’s increasingly diverse service offerings and international activities.
- Direction on a broad range of strategic financial and commercial issues, including the formalisation of long-range plans involving structure, tax efficiency and profit generation.
- Providing financial and commercial leadership, direction and support to each operating business unit or region, applying a ‘hands on’ approach as required to identify opportunities for devising and implementing creative solutions that add value commercially to business performance.
- Communicating clearly throughout the organisation all financial objectives and methodologies, ensuring each team member understands their contribution to delivering predictable, accurate financial reporting.
- Further development of plans for improved financial and commercial efficiency throughout the organisation with particular focus on optimising working capital and cash flow.
- Overseeing the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and reports comprising the consolidation and evaluation of all cost and economic analysis.
- Setting and formulating projected income and revenue streams and subsequently generating rolling month, quarterly and 12 month group forecasts.
- Developing and strengthening the existing finance team, applying positive leadership, direction and mentoring.
- Building and strengthening relationships with auditors (EY), Insurers (AON), tax advisers, bankers, institutional investors and other external parties with an interest in the financial affairs of the company.
- Maintaining regular dialogue with the CEO and fellow Board Directors, informing and advising on both plus and minus factors impacting on the business. In effect applying a ‘no surprises’ approach to communication and the generation of up to date and accurate financial information. This will be especially crucial given the geographical spread and locations of each of the Board Members.
For further information or a confidential conversation please contact:
Michael Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on 0131 539 7087
To apply or request a full candidate brochure please enquire / send your CV to email@example.com
- Glasgow; Aberdeen or Edinburgh