Home » Chief Financial Officer
- November 26, 2014
Food manufacturing and processing business based in Central Scotland.
This is an acquisitive and fast growth business so significant experience of M&A activity and company refinancing together with possible IPO experience will be key to this appointment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute fully to the development of the company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- As a key business partner to the Managing Director and the Executive Team, assess organisational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long term strategy.
- Develop tools, systems and models to provide critical financial and operational information to the Managing Director and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
Financial Planning, Analysis and Systems
- Complete analysis of financial results and make recommendations (strategic and tactical)
- Develop and maintain a capital budget
- Development of financial planning and analysis exercises and reports
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Oversee investment and asset management
Planning, Policy, and Investor Relations
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the executive team
- Develop short, medium, and long term financial plans and projections
- Represent the company to financial partners including financial institutions, investors, bankers, and auditors
Lead and build effective and dynamic finance and IT teams.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the farming and production activities
Key criteria of potential candidates:
- A seasoned mature leader with at least ten years’ experience as CFO or equivalent, preferably in an FMCG organisation with a budget of at least £200m in a manufacturing or processing environment
- Significant demonstrable experience of problem solving, project and continuous improvement management principles
- Track record of developing, leading and implementing strategy in a growing and changing organisation is essential
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills as well as excellent organisation skills
- Previous experience in a senior financial management role, partnering with the executive team, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills is essential as is an analytical and commercial approach with the ability to work well under pressure and balance priorities to achieve deadlines
- Solutions driven, strong can do mentality, creative at problem solving
- Demonstrate the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, openness and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- High energy, drive and ambitions, high focus on results, self-sufficient
- Central Scotland