Home » Chief Growth Officer
- September 29, 2022
At Snappy Shopper, we’re delighted to support local stores and provide customers with groceries straight to your door. Whether you’re in a pickle and unable to leave the house, stuck in a jam without any milk or on a roll socialising and no time to waste in the supermarket, the Snappy Shopper home delivery service is here for you.
Following a recent £19.4m raise, valuing the company then at £65m, and with recent stats showing a 160% increased basket spend on last year, Snappy Shopper are continuing their rapid investment and growth across the business.
Following the investment from Highland Tech, ex Sainsburys CEO Justin King, Maven Capital Partners, Kelvin Capital and Scottish Enterprise alongside existing investor Mercia Asset Management, there has been a significant increase in investment into the technology and commercial areas of the business.
Mike Callachan, Snappy Shopper’s chief executive, said: “As we celebrate the milestone of our five millionth order through the Snappy Shopper app, we continue to develop our technology to support independent retailers and combat the threat posed to their businesses by dark stores.”
As a result we are now looking to appoint a Chief Growth Officer to the Executive Team to lead all growth and commercial activity across the Group.
Growth/commercial strategy (20%)
- Working with the exec and Board to shape the high-level strategy for Snappy to win – including geographic expansion, pricing and commercial strategy and high-impact initiatives (e.g. TV)
- Competitor analysis to understand how Snappy can win in a rapidly evolving market
Store strategy (20%)
- Supporting the B2B2C Growth Team to empower stores to be successful with Snappy
- Store selection & acquisition (What types of stores, in which locations, are right for Snappy? What should the sales strategy be?)
- Onboarding strategy (What is the optimal way to onboard stores? What level of support do they need from Snappy, and how can Snappy effectively scale that support?)
- Ongoing commercial improvement (How can Snappy support stores to continue to grow their sales through the platform?)
Customer strategy (20%)
- Supporting the Customer Experience Growth Team to improve the customer experience for Snappy, to improve the conversion, repeat rate and LTV.
- Working with the Product team to improve the App
- Working with the B2B2C Growth Team to improve the delivery process for stores
- Optimising CRM and customer communications, including testing acquisition and win back offers
Building a team (20%)
- Building a growth culture at Snappy, and using data and insights to help prioritisation
- Hiring and training the team
Performance marketing (10%)
- Supporting the performance marketing team to:
- Measure ROI and effectiveness
- Scale existing channels through creative approaches
- Testing and optimising new channels (TV, SEO, OOH etc.)
- Significant growth experience in a B2C or B2B2C business, with further benefit coming from in-depth app, e-commerce, and online customer acquisition models.
- Senior or Board level leadership in a Commercial or Growth Marketing function, potentially as Commercial Director, Head of Growth, Marketing Director, or Head of Product Marketing type roles.
- Experience leading diverse teams across the UK or internationally
- Strong product skills. For example, a track record of significantly changing the product and creating new growth loops
- Process orientated with very strong prioritisation skills
- A track record in, or desire to work in, fast paced high growth scale up environments.
For further information, to request the full Candidate Brochure or for a confidential discussion, please contact Michael Dickson on:
Or alternatively, you can contact our office by phone on +44 131 539 7087.
- UK /Flexible