Home » Chief Growth Officer
- November 05, 2021
FWB Park Brown are delighted to be partnering with The Snappy Group, the company behind the exciting high growth retail platform and success story Snappy Shopper, to recruit their new Chief Growth Officer.
Snappy Shopper, the technology platform that connects consumers with their local businesses, in a way that is very different from delivery aggregators and dark store operators, has announced that it has raised £19.4 million in its Series A round, with a £6.6m strategic investment from PayPoint as well as investments from Highland Tech, Justin King, Maven Capital Partners, Kelvin Capital and Scottish Enterprise. Mercia Asset Management previously provided the Company with funds and remains an investor.
This is on the back of significant growth in the business to date and will enable the creation of 400 new jobs over the next 3 years as well as investment in people, technology, partner services and marketing.
Snappy, which has 90 employees currently, will be looking for new recruits in all areas of the business, including significant investment in marketing, product and commercial that includes this Chief Growth Officer appointment.
In addition to these planned hires, Nick Wiles (PayPoint CEO), Lord Laidlaw (Highland Tech) and Frank Skivington (formerly Skyscanner) join the Board as NEDs with Justin King (former Sainsbury’s CEO) and Gordon Blair (former F1 team director) as Board advisers.
The Chief Growth Officer:
Snappy Shopper is looking for an experienced Product Growth leader to analytically lead their Growth strategy to drive growth using data and growth hacking techniques. The ideal candidate is impact-over-outcome focused with a sharp eye for detail and is a well-spoken leader who can thoughtfully lead and influence across all the teams, not just Product x Marketing. As part of the C-suite Executive Leadership Team and reporting to the CEO, this role will suit someone with experience in growing a two-sided market place product as well as scaling an online marketplace, e-commerce business or high growth tech platform where marketing was crucial in their customer acquisition strategy ideally focussed on B2C / D2C.
This opportunity will suit somebody either as an experienced product growth leader who’s ready to take the next step in an even more creative and commercially focussed role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Product development and product marketing strategy working closely with the CTO to draw up a product road map and fast-iterative approach to evolving our platform, fast!
- Create, implement and drive multi-channel growth strategies to drive growth (customer acquisition, revenue, and market share) in current and new markets
- P&L ownership, effectively managing marketing spend in line with the growth and business strategy and make a positive impact on the P&L
- Working with our Central Growth Marketing Team to understand and drive performance of all channels and identify key success metrics driving our North Star Metric (NSM)
- Devise strategy with our Central Marketing Team to optimise the best working channels to grow the user base
Additional core responsibilities
- Maintain constant awareness of market positioning amongst competitors, using data and insight to suggest creative and bold ways to improve the brand proposition within the market
- Be a customer champion, spearheading robust data-driven initiatives to grow overall reach and optimise each stage of the customer journey
- Hire, manage and nurture a high performing, cross-functional team, encouraging collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Provide forecasting and reporting of performance to the CEO and wider executive team
You’ll be leading a dedicated team of marketing experts who focus on:
- Growth Marketing
- Digital Channels (SEO / PPC / Social)
- Social media
- Customer Acquisition
- Retention / Product Led Growth
Your Experience / Traits:
- You have a breadth of experience across the product and marketing spectrum in a fast-paced growth environment
- Customer-centricity and data-driven approach – you will have a passion for understanding and exceeding the expectations of brands and customers, and use data to make the right decisions. KPI and metrics-driven; aligns business needs, customer insights and product strategy all underpinned by a growth hacking mentality
- Culture, mission and values fit – you will embody the company culture and be passionate about helping it achieve its vision. You will be humble, self-starting, positive, high-energy, collaborative and action-oriented with entrepreneurial flair
- People leadership and strong communication skills – you will be a strong leader, coach and manager, with a proven track record in attracting, recruiting, managing and developing outstanding talent
- You have demonstrable hands-on experience in product growth, ideally having worked in a high-growth marketplace or online retailer / ecommerce businesses, having seen and experienced the highs and lows and be able to utilise this knowledge to support and be a part of Snappy Shoppers future growth
- Excellent collaborator with “roll up your sleeves” management approach
- A start-up mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Jacquie Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her on 0131 539 7087 for a confidential discussion.
- Dundee with flexibility